It Is Your Daughter

CASE: HOTCHNER, DARCY — missing

INTERVIEW: HOTCHNER, MANDY — mother

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

[ 2/9/2016 7:30 A.M. ]

The recorded phone call between prime suspect and Officer Hart on the 1st of July 2016 was played for the interviewed twice.

MANDY: This is so horrible.

OFFICER WOLFF: It is. I am so sorry that you have to listen to this. I can't imagine how hard it must be for you.

MANDY: Thank you. I just don't understand.

OFFICER WOLFF: None of us do, unfortunately. But you do recognize the voice, don't you?

MANDY: Yes, of course. But I don't believe it.

OFFICER WOLFF: Whose voice do you think it is?

MANDY: Officer, do I really need to tell you out loud? Thinking about it is hard enough.

OFFICER WOLFF: We both know whose voice it is but this is for the interview. I'm sorry.

MANDY: Okay. It is my daughter's voice. Darcy Hotchner's voice.

OFFICER WOLFF: What can you say about the phone call?

MANDY: What do you mean? I [...] don't know what she was talking about. I don't know who she could be talking about when she said everyone was betraying her. The only thing I know is that this call was obviously fabricated!

OFFICER WOLFF: Her tone sounded more than convincing, Mrs Hotchner, don't you think so? I mean she did sound like she meant what she said. That disgust in her last sentences. That strong expression in her voice. It cut right through.

MANDY: No. Not at all. Why would she talk about herself in third person? This was staged. That [explicit] forced her!

OFFICER WOLFF: Do you think it is possible for your daughter to have a grudge on any more people?

MANDY: You! You do not get to make my daughter look like the criminal right now.

OFFICER WOLFF: Mrs Hotchner, I'm sorry to say this and I know this is extremely hard to consider but you have to know, we are trying to get something out of this.

MANDY: My daughter is a loving person and has no grudge on anyone. She's not a murderer.

OFFICER WOLFF: We are not saying that we believe it. We are just asking about the possibilities, just to get some more possible clues out of this whole mess. We're not trying to attack you or your daughter in any way.

MANDY: No more, Officer. Please.