Wall Paintings

Officer Wolff was on his way to the abandoned house right outside town, secluded from the city as it was once a small factory which had emitted toxic elements that endangered whole Springfield and therefore had to be shut down in 2011.

There were several buildings, they stood next to each other, though only one of them was decorated with police cordon, securing the evidence of what was turned into a murder house.

He pulled on the opposite side of the road, right behind a car that belonged to a former colleague from the forensic team.

Wolff had been called in because several walls that had been inspected turned out to display shaky scribbles and paintings, some of them which had DNA that belonged to Darcy.

Stepping into the house, a shiver ran down his spine. The horrible smell had gone but it was still succinct in Wolff's nose from the last time he'd visited.

His former colleague, Jack Hale, walked over to him to greet him. He was one of four working forensics, dressed in white overalls.

Hale walked Wolff through the building, showing him each wall that had been scribbled into.

One of them displayed:

RUBY WOULD BE A SHITTY MOM

HER CHILD DESERVES TO BE IN HEAVEN

Plus a painting of a cradle. Horrific. Of disturbing nature.

Another wall said:

JOSEPH IS A CREEP

JOSEPH BEGS

JOSEPH DIES

Plus a death sign. Nightmare. Insanity.

If you were to collect every sentence found in the building, you would get an outstanding amount of murder predictions, justification of murder acts. And eventually – and that was the longest message left behind – a message to the dead person:

YOU SHOVED ME IN THE CELLAR

YOU GAVE ME FOOD AND WATER

YOU DID SOMETHING TO MY BRAIN

MAYBE ITS THE DRUGS     B UT

MAYBE ITS YOUR TALKING

MAYBE YOURE RIGHT

YOU SAID MANY THINGS I CANT REMEMBER

BUT NOW I WANT TO MURDER

THEYRE NOT THE ONLY ONES WHO ARE CRAZY

YOU DESERVE DEATH MORE THAN ANY OF THEM

SO I WILL GIVE THAT TO YOU

YOU AGITATOR

YOU ANGEL OF DEATH

Eventually they found some inscriptions that were so contradictory, it was obvious that Darcy Hotchner was fragile, far from just physically. She had been out of it.

ELENA IM SORRY

I WILL NEVER DO THAT TO YOU AGAIN

Assuming that Elena was the name of the unidentified body, Wolff's breath came to a halt for what felt like hours. Did she feel guilty towards the angel of death that she continued to act and believe as if she was still there? Did she not want to accept the fact that she had murdered her kidnapper that her mind tricked her to thinking that she was still alive when she was dead all along?

The mind was a delicate thing but what could be said about this?