Thud

Bang. Thud. Body.
Rattle. Scream.
Bang. Thud. Body.

The echo of what sounded like a mass murder didn't leave his ears until Wolff himself stepped into the living room of once happy family Hotchner.

In his mind, he tried to connect the strings, figure out which plan Darcy could have during all of this. The door wasn't closed, she didn't seem to be making any effort into running away.

She just stood there, in the clothes that every single netizen of this town knew her in. And because she just stood there, unmoving, gun in her hand that wasn't even shaking, Wolff and his team didn't dare taking a look at the bodies that lay beside her.

Blood traced the wooden floor like paint that fell out of its container. The air conditioner was rattling in the background as complete silence set in for a moment. The echo still resounded in his ear, chilling his spine.

Why was she standing there? As calm as can be? It looked as if she was meditating in a strange position, standing with eyes wide open, almost confident and fearless. What happened to this young woman in the last two years that she was untraceable?

Finally, she spoke and her voice was worn out, weak and tainted with a hint of disappointment towards the officers. "Guess you found me too late."

The officer and his team had their weapon in the air, hands tightly supporting it as it was pointing at a girl that couldn't look more innocent in her vengeful act of murder.

There was no clue in the air, nothing in her expression that showed any remorse or pain. The innocence just so radiated from her, telling their guts that she didn't do this, that she didn't do this without any good reason, that she didn't have any other choice.

But she did. There was always another choice.

She had just murdered her own parents and the reason was nowhere to be found, not at the chilling crime scene, not even coming from her.

She didn't let go of her gun, regardless of how many times she was asked to do so. Not when Wolff apologized that they couldn't find her, not when he told her that he really didn't want to shoot her this way. Not even when he persistently tried to convince her that he saw her as a victim too, regardless of what she had done. But, no. It was as if none of his pleading words rang in her head, even though they were close to what she'd been wanting to hear. She remained in her position, she still wasn't finished with whatever she had started.

Wolff was contemplating on shooting her in the leg, not to kill her, just to try and make her fall out of balance so she wouldn't shoot around the room.

But when she raised her gun in the millisecond that their sorrowful eyes provided her, she didn't point it at the officer, nor his team that was surrounding her, she pointed it at her own head and when her eyes closed peacefully —

Bang. Thud. Body.