Sweet Beginnings...

"Look Thurst'n. I see boy ov'r there."

"Yeah, but we're not near any civilization. Why is he out here all alone?"

"Y'think he's like us? Country?"

Thurston (2p Finland) and Bernard (2p Sweden) sit at a distance on a grassy hilltop pondering the idea in silence. Bernard just smiles. Maybe him and his wife could start a family. Maybe Thurston would finally agree to being 'his wife' if they could raise a kid together. He can't help but get his hopes up.

"I'm gonna get that kid and raise him as Finnish territory," Thurston says plainly with a straight face. This gives Bernard an idea.

"And what 'f I helped ye raise h'm?" He says with a hopeful smile, "We'd live together 'nd it'd be half th' work! Ye'd be his mother, I'd be his father."

Thurston sighs, but starts to think about it. He is actually considering this!

"Thurston! Bernard! I was beginning to wonder where you two had run off to! I've been looking for you, loves!" They both nearly have duel heart-attacks they are so surprised.

"Pleasure to see you too, Oliver," says Thurston sarcastically with a snarl. Oliver doesn't notice, or doesn't choose to acknowledge his tone. He just keeps smiling. François then strolls lazily next to him.

He squints "Is that-" before he can get out another word, Oliver cut him off.

"Oh, a little boy! What's the little poppet doing all by himself out in the middle of nowhere? It's dangerous for a boy his age! Oh! You don't suppose he's a country, do you?" He doesn't wait for an answer. He immediately takes off full speed down the hill. François follows reluctantly with a tired sigh.

Oliver stops to catch his breath a few meters from the boy. He's thinking of ways to convince this boy to live with him. Oh how wonderful it would be to raise this boy to be a gentleman!

Then France shows up and immediately offers food...

Meanwhile...

Thurston and Bernard sit in silence watching the seen down below. Thurston is pissed. His hands are clenched in shaking fists. Bernard is just disappointed. He doesn't like to see 'his wife' angry.

"Th'rston. 'T's okay. We can try t' win th' boy ov'r." Is Thurston getting redder? Shaking more? Frowning more? Oh no.

"There's no way we're beating Oliver at winning a kid over with love! What the hells wrong with you?!" He bursts out while smacking Bernard upside the head. "I've never seen anyone with as much love as that crazy weirdo!"

They sit in awkward silence for what seemed like a while... "Maybe... I could g've ye that much love."

Thurston just sighs heavily, "Alright, let's just go." He gets up and leaves with Bernard right behind him.