Chapter 2

After salah, i flop down on my bed, tired. Seconds later, my eyes felt heavy and i saw a figure appear in my vision as i slowly drifted into sleep.

"Nadia, it's your turn to taste this dunya ( world). our time now is with Allah. Trust him and he will guide you...always remember, Allah is the best of planner and whatever he has planned for you is for the best." my dad says.

" dad..." i whisper. Tears run down my cheeks.

"You will find someone who will love you, be patient my darling," My mom says. I quickly wipe away my tears so i can see them, but once my vision clears, they are gone. My eyes become wet again,the darkness around me breaks and then everything turns white. I collapsed to the hard surface beneath me.

Then a dark shadow forms in front of me. I look up toward a figure but i can't make out the face. The figure reached out and picked me up by my shoulders, his strong hands against my skin made me shiver. i tried making out his face but it was no use. He lifted a hand to my cheeks and wiped away some tears that escaped my eyes. He leaned in toward my ear.

" shhhh," He whispered in my ear making a cold chill go up my spine. Then in the next second he too was gone, leaving me in the cold darkness.

I felt someone shaking me.

"Nadia, get your lazy ass up, RIGHT NOW." someone screamed in my ear. I open my eyes a little to see Laiba shaking me.

"what's wrong?" I say in a tired voice. I lift my head up a little but immediately put it back down on my soft pillow because it was pounding so bad.

" Hurry up and come down to the kitchen to prepare food, we have guest coming over," with that Laiba walks out of my room,  a huge grin on her face. I look at the clock to see it read 8:00 pm.

what the heck is her problem?...why was she grinning so much?

and who is coming over at this hour?

I quickly go into to the bathroom and wash my face and then comb out my long hair. I place my dupatta ( veil ) over my head loosely. I go downstairs to find everyone including Uncle sitting around on the couches.

" what is going on?" I ask and uncle looks up at me with a big smile.

" oh Nadia...come sit with u-," Aunt Risa doesn't let him finish. She comes up to me and pulls me into the kitchen. At the last minute, i look at uncle with a confused look and he looks back at me with an apologetic one. I understand. With Aunt Risa trying to control everything, he could barely disagree with anything she says.

Once in the kitchen, aunt Risa gives me a deadly expression.

what did i do now?

" listen to me...some close family friends are coming over, they are looking for a bride for their son...they are coming to see Laiba," aunt Risa explains.

" yeah..and what does it have anything to do with me?" i ask.

"nothing...i just want to warn you...do not and i repeat DO NOT leave the kitchen, i don't you ruining this meeting in anyway for Laiba and bring in the food when i ask to and after that you will leave the room immediately." She says. She was squeezing my arm so tightly it hurt.

I nod and she leaves the kitchen, giving me one last deadly look. I could hear them talking to each other and Aunt Risa was telling Laiba what to do when the guy is here with his family. Aunt Risa told her that, she should sit next to the guy and make romantic talks with him and maybe feel his hair or something.

What the hell is this? How cringe.

I was making food when the front door bell rang.

" I will get it," Uncle said. Few moments later, voices filled the the hallway outside the kitchen. I did as i was told and stayed inside the kitchen. I could hear their whole conversation.

" how is everyone?" I heard a women's voice ask.

" allhamduliallah we are all good," Uncle replied.
Their voices drifted toward the living room.

" so lets get down to business, we are looking for a potential bride for our son..." A men's voice said which i am guessing is the dad.

"Yeah, only for like 4 months." A unfamiliar voice says.

"4 months?" Aunt Risa asks.

" stay quite Zaid" the other man says sternly. "Actually the thing is, Zaid has been getting in some scandals lately, all related to girls and you know how the media talks...we want him married so to avoid all these drama until he moves away to America. They will have to divorce after the 4 months."

Poor Laiba.

"But you never mentioned anything likethis before..." uncle says.

"I know, i am very sorry...but the situation is something like this...also another thing, Zaid is now the CEO of our company and there has been attempted attacks on him...multiple times, ...we need someone who knows the basics about self defense. He does have bodyguards but ofc they cant follow him everywhere." zaids dad explained.

"I am sorry brother, but i am afraid we cant accept this proposal," my uncle responded.

" look Mr.Ahmad...this is a good deal, i heard your business isn't doing so well, so we will help you if you cooperate with us," the man says.

" Dad, i told you, i don't want to marry," Zaid states.

" you be quiet and sit up, have some manners for god sake," his dad said in a stern voice. I was bored of listening to them so I went on with making the tea. The dream from before came back to me. The way the guy touched me and the way his breath felt against my skin made me shiver.

"Nadia...," Aunt Risa called me from the other room. I quickly picked up the tray of food and walked into the room filled with people. I kept my gaze to the floor and put the tray down on the table. I was about to walk out when.

"Nadia, come sit here next to me," aunt Risa said with a fake sweet smile. I look at her confused. Then i quickly take a seat next to her.

" This is Nadia and she has agreed to marry your son," Aunt Risa says.

WHAT?!! SINCE WHEN?

**************************************************************************

hey guys. so this is very long chapter and i hope you all enjoy it. Also this id a made up story so please don't take it too seriously. Thanks.. okkk bye... i will update soon.