Chapter 12

Zaid shoves me into his car and drives away. We both stay silent until he finally stops in front of the big house. I quickly get out and head to my room, locking the door.

I dont even know how i feel anymore.

Get yourself together Nadia.

*************

I wake up to the alarm ringing in my ear.

I go downstairs and find Nina setting the table.

" hi," i say to her.

She looks up at me and gives a worried look.

" are you alright?...it looks like you haven't slept well," she says.

" i am fine, just feel a little light headed..i have collage," i say to her. She nods.

" ok...just dont overdo yourself," Nina softly touches my arm and offers a smile. Nina has been treating me really well and i am greatful for that.

After a few minutes, Zaid walks in. Our eyes meet and he stares at me. I look away and he takes a seat across from me. I force myself to keep my gaze on my food. I can feel his burning gaze on my face.

I stand up to leave.

" wait," Zaid says. I stop but don't turn around to look at him.

" i will be back early to go to the meetings with you," i say to him before he can speak and with that i walk out of the house and find Kabeer and Aisha waiting for me.

I didn't see Maruf today. I really hope he is ok.

*********

Zaid and i walk into the huge building which he owns. As soon as he enters, people walk up to him with files which he will either look over or sign.

" sir, your first meeting will be in an hour with the Shera group," Haroon says to Zaid. Haroon is Zaids Secretary and a really nice person. Zaid nods and walks into his office. I swear if someone who doesnt work here walks into his office they will think it is a luxury apartment room. Its so huge. I follow him inside. He immediately gets to work on the computer.

I guess even the devil can be serious sometimes.

I sat down on the couch and play around with my hands not knowing what else to do.

" come here," Zaid suddenly speaks up. I look up at him to see him looking at me. I get up and walk to his desk.

" sit," he orders and i obey. Zaid studies me as i uncomfortably try to look back at him but it is hard. It feels like he is looking through my soul. His eyes were cold in the beginning but then they soften when our eyes meet.

" i am sor-" before he can finnish, Haroon walks through the door.

" the car is ready sir, the meeting is in 20 minutes," Haroon says.