CHAPTER 25

-few days later-

I walk out of the bathroom and find Zaid standing outside.

"I can take care of myself now you know that right?" I say to him.

"What do you mean?...i came here to get water," he walks up to the water fountain and takes a sip from it.

"If you say so" I say.

It has been about 4 days and I am improving a little. My shoulder still hurts from the wound but it is bearable. Our one week trip is over so mom and dad left but Zaid and I had to stay back since the doctor said it will not be good for me to travel.

I am glad Zaid stayed back. I am sure he didnt want to but he had because Otherwise the media will jump to conclusions. I would like to think it was for some other reason but I guess not everything goes the way you want. I don't really understand him. Just when I think he cares about me, he turns back to that jerk.

I follow Zaid back to my room and find the doctor there.

"Ahh ms.Hussan...i have filled out all the paper works to release you, you may leave once you have packed, just be careful not to put any weight on your shoulder just yet. It was nice having you here and I am happy to have helped you, we wish you well," the doctor gives me a smile and walks out.

"Sooooo," I turn to Zaid who was still standing by the door with his hands on his pocket.

"So what?...we go back home," he says. "Pack, while I get our plane tickets ready,"

I make a sad face. "Already?...i liked it here,"

"Snap out of it...it was supposed to be a business trip but you almost turned it into a funeral," He says.

"Come on...give me some credit, if I haven't stepped in that time it would have been your funeral,"

" I could have saved myself, anyway pack up or I am leaving without you,"

" I am sure you wont, otherwise you would have left with your parents...why did you stay back?" I ask him, wanting to know if there really was another reason. He looks at me and opens his mouth to say something but then closes it again as if changing his mind. Just like that, he walks out of the room, looking a little angry.

"Damn...all I did was ask a question," I say. I decide to forget it and start packing trying not put any weight on my arm.

Zaid's P.O.V

I wish I could tell you that I stayed because I care, but I can't. I can't let myself get close to you or give you any hope...

***********

-2 hours later-

I have packed all the things I needed which was not much. I take out the picture of my parents and look at it.
They looked so happy there, my dad had his hand around mom's shoulder and they both had a huge smile on their face. I have never really noticed how beautiful my mom is. Tears fill up my eyes but I still had a smile on my face. I hug the picture to my heart and close my eyes. I stay like that for about 5 minutes.

I open my eyes to find Zaid standing in the doorway, looking at me. I quickly wipe my tears away and put on a fake smile.

" are we ready to go?" I ask him. He doesn't answer. He stares at me.. I walk up to him.

"Umm"

When he a realized I was standing in front of him he ran his hands through his hair.

"Umm...uhh yea the car is waiting outside," he looks out of place and without saying anything he grabs my suitcase and walks out of the room.
I check myself on the mirror to make sure it does not look like that I cried.

Once I get outside, our car was waiting and Zaid was on his phone. He hung up and looked up it.

"What are you doing?...you want me to carry you in my arm into the car?" He asks, his cold set was back again.

"No thank you," I say and get into the car, he followed inside.