CHAPTER 33

Zaid was rushed into the ICU room as soon as he arrived at the hospital. His mom, dad, and even Zara were also there. Few media people showed up and tried to question me because I was the only one there at that time but the police tried their best to keep them away from bothering me.

It's been almost an hour and the doctors still havent come out. I paced back and forth, biting my nails. Silently praying for him inside. Mom and dad in law were setting on the bench looking worried. Zara just looked bored.

Finally the door opened, and the doctor came out.

"Doctor is he ok?" I ask, anxious to know.

"I have to say, he was lucky to be brought in in time, otherwise we would have had a harder time saving him, being shot three times and surviving is a rare thing... he is out of the danger now but we are still going to put him on the 24/7 observation line..." The Doctor says. My heart felt relieved to know that he is going to be fine. I walk into the room where Zaid had a oxygen mask on. His eyes were closed and his chest fell and raised slowly. I pull up a chair next to the bed and sit down. I then take his hand in mine.

" I am sorry I couldn't do anything, I was supposed to protect you but...i failed," I rest my head on his hand and tears ran down my cheeks. Seeing him in this condition hurt me more. I softly rubbed his hand and then my hand through his soft hair.

Then the door opens and mom walks in. I don't want to leave but I am guessing she wanted some time alone, so giving zaid one last look, I walk out.

"Nadia...," dad calls me. I look over to see him standing behind me.

He motions for me to follow and leads me out to an empty room in the hospital.

"You do realize that was your job to protect him right?" He asks, his back toward me. I don't say anything.

"Do you love him?" He asks. Now this catches me off guard.

"Y-y-yes," I admit after a long pause. "I love him, I fell in love with him and I don't even know how that happened but it did," I blurt out.

"We made a deal, signed a contract, the deal was to protect him not fall in love with him but you failed to carry it out...what do you think that means now?"

I don't say anything and look down at my feet. I am scared to hear what might be coming my way next.

He turns around to look at me. "I don't think we will be needing you anymore, you have disappointed me, and have been careless, and because of that carelessness my son is now fighting with death,"

"I am sorry, I know it's my fault...," I say still not able to make eye contact with him. He breaths in loudly.

"Well there is only one thing now left to do...i will give you two choices...1. I will give your uncle the money promised in the beginning and help with the company but you will have to disappear from his life without any word or 2. You stay with him and your uncle's company will receive no help from me,"

I look at him in surprise, I never thought I would ever have to make a decision like this before.

"Think about it carefully...money can not be gained that easily and who knows, one day something might hit so hard with will be impossible to refuse...you have until tomorrow," with that he walks out. I sink into the ground crying.

Oh allah, now I have to choose between money and love?

***************

Heyyyyyyyyy, guys I hope you enjoy this chapter and the next one shall be up soon, like, comment, and vote and give me feedbacks because they help A LOT. THANKS AND ILY ALL