Chapter 15

I cover my mouth with my hands in shock. Zaid seemed frozen in place for few seconds, then he turns to me. His eyes were flaring with anger and he look he was about to kill someone. Fear took over me.

" fuck...what did you just do?" he yells in my face.

" z-aid...i di- i didnt mean to," i say in a small voice. He grabs my arm and forcefully pulls me toward him until our faces are only an inch apart. His grip on my arm is so tight that i slowly start to feel it fall asleep.

" are you fucking mad?...you stupid girl..do you know how important that is to me? ," He yells at me and tightens is grip even more. I never thought a person can be that strong.

" please..l-l-let go...your hu- hurting me," i say, tears rolling down my eyes. He ignores me and goes on.

" what do you want from me..huh?...why did you have to come into my life and ruin everything," Zaid says.

" i am sorry,"

" sorry?...is that all you know how to say, i actually thought i will start to like you but you are the same as other girls...you only want my money right?...that's it right?," Zaid lets go of me and walks to his desk and pulls out bundles of $100 dollar bills. I watch in disbelieve as he walks back to me. He grabs my hand and places the money on my hand.

" Here...this is what you want right?...just like your parents you are a gold digger and will do anything for money..go ahead..go give them what they wanted," Zaid says. Now those words slapped me on the face like knifes. Without thinking, i raise my hand and slap him, hard. He looks taken aback for few seconds. Now it is my turn to speak.

" MY PARENTS ARE DEAD!!...don't you dare say a word about them," by now tears wet my shirt. " i had to save my uncles wedding and something that means the world to him...i didnt marry you for your money and i never wanted your money...ALL I EVER WANTED WAS LOVE...IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR?" i yell back at him. I couldn't control myself, words spilled out like water flows in rivers. I throw the money he gave me at his face and they scattered in mid air and came down like rain.

I run out of his room, and i go to my room, grab my parents picture and run out of the house. It is raining outside really hard. I ignore the cold stinging feeling and after few minutes, find myself in front of a lonely park. I slowly drag myself to a swing and sit down, hold the picture against my chest and start crying.

I cried until what felt like an hour. I was soaking wet and the rain has gotten worse but i didn't care.

" I am sorry mom, dad...i must be a disappointment...why did you have to leave me?...know one else here loves me...what is the point of living ?,"i cry more.

I felt the rain stop hitting my back and look up to see an umbrella over my head. I look at the person holding it. It was Maruf.

" how did you find me," I ask.

" just happened to.." he answer.

" I am not done crying yet," I say.

" and I am not going to leave yet...cry as long as you want...i will be right here," He replies. He bends down and pulls me to his chest. I try to move away because i know it is wrong but he holds me strong.

" please don't try to get away...cuz i won't let you go just yet...i am here for you, you're not alone," Maruf says.

" i hate him," was the last thing i said before breaking down again.

ZAID'S P.O.V

I am shocked by what she said. My heart felt a tug and i regret everything i said.

Her parents are dead? How come i never knew that?

I called her an orphan last time as a joke because she looked nothing like her other family members. I didn't know she actually was one.

Zaid what have you done?

I snap out of my thought and find her gone. I look all over the house and couldn't find her. I run outside in the cold rain and call out her name.

"Nadia !" No answer.

I run around for 10 more minutes looking for her. I was starting to lose hope when i finally saw her. She wasnt alone. Someone else was there. Maruf's face is visible under the streetlight.

I watch as he bends down and pulls her to his arms. Anger fills me and i clutched my hands. It should be me holding her like that.

well you already failed.

I was about to head towards them when her words stopped me.

" I hate him." she says.

Those words hit my heart like daggers.

She hates me.

Zaid you messed up for real now.

she hates you.

I don't know why I felt this way. It is a strange feeling that seemed to be eating me up inside. I turn around and start to walk away.

Don't walk away.

If you do, you will lose her forever.

Why do i care.

Because

I LOVE HER?

********************************************************

Nadia's P.O.V

" Let go of her," A voice says. and Maruf and i look up to see a soaking wet Zaid standing in front of us.

***********************************************************

Hey guys...sorry for the late update but here is another chapter, hope you enjoy...I LOVE YOU GUYS