Capter 17

I open my eyes slowly. My head is in pain but i still manage to get up.

" no no...dont push yourself," someone says to me.

" Nina?" i say and she gives me a warming smile.

" here have this and you will feel better," Nina hands me a hot cup of tea which i take greatfully. I take a sip and a warm feeling spread through out my body.

" what time is it?" i ask.

" its late afternoon," Nina replies.

" Zaid...," i say after a few minute.

" he went to work,"

" But i-" Nina cuts me off.

" Sir said you should rest for today...he called me up late last night and begged me to come here because he was sc-" i wait for her to go on but it looks like she wasnt going to say anything any farther.

" he was what?" i asked. Nina just shakes her head and smiles.

" you should rest more," She says.

" no i will be ok...why dont you go rest...you had taken care of me all night you must be tired..sorry for the trouble,"I say.

" no dont be...it was my pleasure...," Nina stands up to leave but before she does, she whisper something to herself which sounded something like "at least you treat me better than that other woman."

Huh? What does she mean by other woman?

I decide to ignore it and take a walk in the garden. The air had a hint of flowery scent to it whice filled my nose and i breath in deeply.

I spent the rest of the day walking around the house, eating, praying and reading.

Hours later, i hear the front door open, as i walk out of the kitchen. Zaid froze in his spot when he saw me. We both seemed to be out of words. Yesterdays events came back to my mind but the ones before i fainted seemed a little fuzzy and i couldnt quite remember what happend exactly.

" uhh..how are you feeling?" Zaid asks after a long silence. I look down at my feet and nod OK. Another long pause.

Arggh this is so awkward.

" umm...here," Zaid says and shoves 2 bags into my hands and with that he walks away.

Confused, i look inside the bags. One bag had bunch of different types of medicine in it, and the other on had a brand new I-phone.

What the heck is happening?

Why did he get me all this?

But still, i felt flattered inside.

He actually cares about me? Or it just a joke?