Chapter 15

Hi! Trigger warning for violence.

Chapter 15 - Nick

I jogged behind her but fastened my pace when I glanced at the ridiculously large clock that was perched up on the wall at the end of the hallway. I turned right and saw her getting inside the classroom. We got in our usual seats, I waved my hand at Jason.

"You're insane." I muttered and turned my head to look at Sky, taking in her features.

Her eyes were a constant battle between grey and blue. But either way, I love her eyes specially when it's a mix of the two. I love how her eyebrows and her straight-edged nose would always scrunch up adorably when she's confused or when she concentrates. I love the way her hands glide through her hair when she's frustrated and nervous. Most specially though, I love how soft her lips are and how they fit perfectly against mine.

"Hey! You're more insane than me anyway." She argued and stuck her tongue out childishly at me. Before I could retort, Annabeth barged into the room, of course, looking like a mess.

"Good Morning class." She bellowed and looked at anywhere except me.

Seeing Annabeth isn't really the best way to start Friday. Sky told me using the pack link.

The two of you seem to love each other, huh? I asked her and I glanced at her to see her lips twitching into a grin.

Yeah, we could totally hang out and watch Twilight together and drool over Taylor Lautner's abs. She joked and I silently chuckled.

"-to share, Mr. McCane?" Was what came out of the mouth of the teacher in front of me and I just stared at her blankly.

"What?" I asked after a few minutes of silence and students around me sniggered. Annabeth's face became red with anger and humiliation and she looked like she can kill me right now, I smirked.

"Can we proceed with class now?" I asked her and if it was possible, she became even more flushed and she abruptly turned away from me.

After that incident, Mrs. Annabeth didn't make eye contact with me again or even acknowledge me. It's quite amusing to watch her tense up whenever I would speak up. I feel bad for the person though, she and her family came from a cruel Alpha who didn't give a shit about his pack and abused the women in it. His harsh ways of leadership makes me angry and protective of my own pack.

Mine and Sky's pack, I mean.

The bell rang signaling the end of first period. I only have two classes with my mate - English Literature and Physics which are my first and third period everyday.

"See you next period!" Sky shouted and made her way towards the stairs but not before giving me a peck on the lips. I smiled when she waved goodbye.

I walked to my next class, which is Statistics and opened the door, only to be greeted by no one. My eyebrows furrowed together and I walked up in front to see a piece of paper taped on the white board. I read it and grinned, my Stats teacher is on leave because of personal problems or something. I exited the room and made my way to the place I always went when I have free period.

I looked around me and dodged a few students who were walking in the hallway, some were openly gaping at me, and jogged upstairs. I reached the third floor and I slowed down my pace when I finally saw the metal door that leads to the rooftop. I clutched the knob and pushed it, the soft rays of the sun reached my skin.

I shielded my eyes with my hands and walked in the open space. I inhaled and stretched both of my arms. My nose picked up a scent and my head instantly whipped to its direction. I narrowed my eyes and saw a man's back a few meters away from me.