The Gray Area

~-~-~-~-~-~

"You should make a little window garden right here for me, just don't get rid of dandelions if they grow, those are my favorite!" The rabbit kwami had big plans for Andromeda, but mostly big plans on a food source.

"Couldn't you just... you know, go to the front lawn?"

"Those could be dirty!" Lunna huffs at the suggestion, "Besides, there's predators out there, and people looking to get their hands on the miraculous, you can't leave me alone!"

"I still don't quite get what anyone wants with miraculous." Andromeda sits down on her bed, tired from the excitement of the day.

"If someone were to come into possession of all the miraculous, they'd have unimaginable power! They could conjure anything, destroy anything, rule anything--"

"So, they'd rule the world?" Andromeda raises an eyebrow curiously.

"In the worst ways, Andromeda. Hawkmoth has been trying to get his hands on them for months, if we don't intervene, he could destroy all of Paris!" Lunna clutched a baby carrot between her paws and her ears bent over in discouragement.

"So I just need to stop his minions then, and Paris will be safe?" Andromeda twisted the star choker on her neck.

"Not just stop them, you have to make sure Ladybug can capture the akuma that hawkmoth sent out so it can be purified, or else it will multiply!" Andromeda lets out a groan, rubbing her eyes and trying very desperately not to curl up in bed for the night.

"What can I even do? From what I can tell, all I can do is jump around!"

"No!" Lunna lands on Andromeda's knee and nibbles on the carrot. "That's where you're wrong, the powers you've received are ancient, and have everything to do with what you're looking to accomplish in life!"

The blue haired teen watched the rabbit finish the carrot before stretching and floating up to eye level.

"Firstly, your powers shine brightest in the moon light, and both the rabbit and the moon have always been symbols of rebirth and reflection! Your staff has powers based off of that, and you've also been given the speed and agility associated with rabbits. I understand this is a lot, but I know you'll master all of it in no time!"

"Well, what can I do related to rebirth?" Andromeda felt rather like she should be taking notes.

"You can cure someone affected second handedly by akumas! As long as the akuma isn't directly attached to them, you can revert them back to their old selves."

"Akumas can affect people without touching them?!" Andromeda groans again, this time longer than before.

"Yes, especially if the akuma isn't purified for a long time."

This was beginning to seem more difficult than it was worth.

"What about reflection?" Andromeda asks, a bit hopeless.

"You can show the affected person their former selves, literally a reflection-- It can help you discover what caused the akuma to attach, distract them, and often times make them give up on their attack."

"Can I do ANYTHING to defend myself?" Andromeda cries, and the small rabbit taps its chin.

"Well, you have a staff, if you really need to, but... That's not really what the miraculous was created for."

"Hold on," Andromeda puts a hand to her temple, "You mean to tell me that the miraculous was created to save the fate of humanity, but without any means of actually preventing an attack from happening?"