Kryptonite

~-~-~-~-~-~

Everyone seemed pretty tired at drama practice the following day. Each act was going by rather slowly, but Andromeda felt that she was the one lagging behind the most. She really needed to go to bed earlier. Curse her nightmares for ruining her school life.

"Uhm," Andromeda looks down at the script in her hands. "It just says she sings here, it doesn't really say what to sing." Mrs. Thayer gives a nod from in front of the stage.

"This is a non-profit play, so you can sing whatever you please. We don't risk getting fined or anything because we aren't making money off it."

"Oh... okay." Andromeda stared down at the script, waiting for Rose to say the next line.

"Andromeda." The blue haired teen looks up to her teacher. "Sing something."

"Oh! you mean like, right now?"

"Yes, you idiot, of course she means now, that's what's written in the script!" Chloe huffs from stage right and Andromeda lets out a sigh. "Are you sure she's competent enough to understand the script?"

"Go ahead, Andromeda."

"I've tried playing it cool, but when I'm looking at you-- I can't ever be brave, 'cause you make my heart race." Andromeda gives a nervous glance around the room, only her voice filled the auditorium. Everyone had their eyes on her. "Shot me out of the sky, you're my kryptonite. You keep making me weak, yeah, frozen and can't breathe. Something's gotta give now, 'cause I'm dying just to make you see that I need you here with me now, 'cause you've got that one thing." Andromeda finds her eyes falling over Nathaniel, who's rather focused on the drawing in his sketchpad. Andromeda finds a little more courage in the fact that he's not paying attention, so she can just stare at him and sing to him, instead. "So get out, get out, get out of my head and fall into my arms instead. I don't, I don't, don't know what it is-- But I need that one thing, and you've got that one thing."

She finishes singing, and a few whispers and applause spreads throughout the room, but is quietly hushed by Mrs. Thayer, who encourages the scene to move on. Rose takes the next line, and Andromeda turns to the right, seeing Chloe giving her a rather evil stare.

"This is just too good." She whispers, letting out a giggle before disappearing backstage.

Chloe definitely saw the way Andromeda was looking at Nathaniel.

~-~-~-~-~-~

Chemistry was rather quiet, considering how the day went yesterday. Andromeda leaned on her elbow and watched Nathane draw for most of the class, fairly sure he was sketching himself as a superhero. The two were only startled out of the work when Ms. Bustier slammed her hands down onto the table in front of Nathaniel's sketchbook.

"NATHANIEL," She picks up his notebook disapprovingly, tearing out the page he was working on. "Just what are you drawing?" Nathane goes to respond, but the teacher gives him no room to argue. "These artistic endeavors are clearly why you are failing science!"

"I'm sorry," He says quietly, but Ms. Bustier points to the door.

"You go march yourself right down to the Principal's office and show him that chicken scratch, then you'll be really sorry!" Andromeda watches her friend collect his things sadly and walk to the front of the room, where Chloe pushes out her bag just in time to have him trip over it. Chloe picks up Nathaniel's sketchbook off the floor, her nosy side shining.

"Oooh! Look Sabrina, it's him as a superhero! And look who he's saving, it's Marinette! He is so totally crushing on you, Marinette!"

"Give that back!" Nathane rips his notebook from her hands, but Chloe still holds the ripped out page in her hands. Andromeda feels her eyes glaze over.