Flux and Flow

~-~-~-~-~

Andromeda and Marinette left Master Fu's residence together, a new pep in both of their steps.

"Do you see that?" Marinette points to the sidewalk, where water was traveling up the street.

Up. the street.

"What..?" Andromeda stares closer at the water that seemed to be defying gravity. She reached a hand out, and watched as the water toppled up and over her hand to continue traveling up the street. "It's... not raining, though. What is this?" She lifts her hand from the water, only to find that no residual droplets rested on her hand, as if the water had a magnetic pull to it, and was collecting somewhere up the street.

"Maybe we should go check this out." Marinette suggests, and Andromeda gives an approving nod before the girl dash up the street towards the Seine.

The scene was beyond comprehension.

The two girls were used to scary villains, akumatized and given powers that could tear apart a city--

But never anything like this.

Actual murder. Actual deaths of actual people.

Caused by an actual psychopath.

"Marinette," Andromeda whispered, her hand reaching out for her friend's. She clutched it tightly, eyes still fixed on what rested atop of a pluming water spout. "Go transform."

"But, what abou--"

"I need you to go transform." Andromeda says, more firmly this time.

She couldn't pull her eyes away from her mother.

"Don't come out until you do." Andromeda squeezed Marinette's hand for a moment, before the girl slipped from her grasp and down an alleyway. Andromeda felt weak in the knees. Her body felt numb. Her head was dizzy, and her vision blurred.

All she could see was her mother in the distance, using spouts of water to tear apart apartments and homes. No doubt, she was looking for Andromeda.

Looking for Eva.

She wouldn't recognize her with blue hair, not at first, anyways.

What should she say? What should she do? She knew she had to put her faith in Ladybug, but even the woman without the akuma would still be a shell of a human. She'd still be a murderer. She'd still want Andromeda gone.

But at least then, she'd stop.

"Mom." Andromeda wasn't loud. She wasn't close. She wasn't within a normal earshot.

But her mother still spun around, a wicked smile curving onto her lips at the sight of her daughter.

"Eva, dearest... Did you miss your mother?" The water spout slowly lowers, bringing her mother closer to her than she ever wanted.

"No," Andromeda counters, "But I do miss the father you took from me, Cassandra." She stood, trying to be bold and brave in front of the woman who nearly took her life. The woman she was so afraid of that she put herself into the witness protection program in the first place.

"Now now," There's a dark chuckle that escapes the woman's mouth. "Is that any way to speak to the woman that gave birth to you?" Cassandra takes another step towards Andromeda, who steps backward in response.

"It's the way I speak to the woman who tried to kill me."

"Tch," Cassandra's dark eyes narrowed, her smile fading from her face. "Always been so rude. You never learn."