Confession

~-~-~-~-~

As the bell rang, dismissing the students for the day, Andromeda hurried to pack her bag.

"Hey, Andromeda?" The teen looked up to see Nathaniel staring at her worriedly. "Are you alright, you've been kind of acting... weird today."

"Oh, this is GOLD. You mean you don't even remember?" Chloe's voice comes from the top of the steps.

"Back off, Chloe." Andromeda threatens, and Chloe simply laughs.

"News Flash, freak, you totally rejected her last night when she confessed that she was totally in love with you. It was hilarious."

"What?" Nathane looks up at Andromeda, whose eyes sting with a fresh layer of tears.

"You can't just ever leave anything alone, can you?!" Andromeda shouts, startling everyone in the room. She was never this loud. Not once. "What is even your problem with me? Why do you have to go out of your god damned way every day to make me miserable? Does is make you happy, Chloe? Does it make you feel like a better person? Because news flash-- EVERYONE HATES YOU."

"You're so full of it!" Chloe storms down to the girl. "You come here, acting all innocent and trying to take over, taking my role in the play, worming your way into science groups just to be with Adrien!" Chloe's finger in Andromeda's face nearly makes her bite it.

"I don't want anything to do with your life! I'd rather spend my time trying to make people happy, not trying to be queen bitch all the time!" Andromeda shoves Chloe's hand away from her. "I'm sorry your life isn't going according to plan, but stop butting into mine to try and fix it! Things go great until you swoop in and ruin the day!"

"Like your love life, right? I can see that's going pretty well. Can't even get the nerd to love you." Chloe laughs as she points up to Nathane, who Andromeda could now see was in a rather ashamed silence. He wore the same look he did the previous night when he shot her down. That killed Andromeda.

"Excuse me, Andromeda?" The girl turns around, expecting ridicule from another classmate, but instead was met by a smiling Adrien Agreste. "Would you like to go to the cafe with me?"

"What?" Andromeda whispered. Was he really mocking her at a time like this?

"For real," Chloe scoffed. "What?"

"Let's get outta here, okay?" Adrien reached over and grabbed Andromeda's backpack before taking her by the hand and walking out of the classroom.

To say that Andromeda was confused would be an understatement. Adrien and her really only spoke once, and maybe a bit of small talk at drama practice. That was no reason to take her by the hand in such a manner.

"You uh," Andromeda struggles to find words. "Didn't have to do that just to get back at Chloe for me."

Adrien turns to face her with a smile and brow raised. "I think it was kind of for everyone, but.. You're right. I didn't have to. But I did. Might as well live in the glory while we can." Adrien opens the door and Andromeda feels a little disappointed with that answer. "Besides, we're going to be seeing a lot of each other, might as well take the opportunity to get to know each other, right?"

"You... want to be friends?" Andromeda looks to the blonde teen, who turns a little pink in the cheeks at that question.

"O-of course I do." The two pick out a table to sit at and try to overcome the awkward silence that rests between them. "So," Adrien starts, his green eyes looking up at Andromeda's. "I heard Chloe said you were there last night... did you see Chat Noir?"