Supporting Role

~-~-~-~-~

Andromeda knew that she had instigated yesterday, probably a lot more than she usually did, but she had no idea what exactly she did to deserve all the crap she was getting from Chloe on this particular morning.

When she approached her desk today, there was what appeared to be wet paint all over both the desk and chair, on both her and Nathaniel's sides. Nathaniel was just as in awe as she was.

Andromeda was in a stunned silence. This was beyond petty harassment, this was destruction of school property, what the hell was Chloe doing? And WHY?

"Andromeda! Glad to see you're here so early, here's your copy of the script, my assistant already went through and highlighted all the lines for you." Mrs. Thayer handed the blue haired teen the brand new script, but stopped herself from turning around as she observed the girl's desk. "What... is wrong with kids these days?" The teacher huffs.

"I didn't do that." Andromeda adds.

"I know." Mrs Thayer steps down to the front row, where she slaps down a script on Chloe's desk. "Chloe, I see you disagree with the play casting."

"I refuse to see how the stupid American and annoying Marinette deserve any of the lead roles." She crosses her arms and Mrs. Thayer raises an eyebrow.

"Hopefully it's apparent to you why you got cast as the spoiled bully. Sabrina, see to it that Chloe makes her way to the principal's office, or you'll both get an extra detention.

"WHAT!? But Sabrina is the one who poured the paint!" Chloe argues.

"And I'm sure you had nothing to do with it?" Mrs. Thayer looks at the clock then back at the girls. "Principal's office, now. Both of you."

"You wait til my daddy hears about this!"

"Destruction of property is a crime, Chloe, even the mayor understands that." The teacher sighs as the two moody teenagers storm out the door to her classroom. "Andromeda, Nathaniel. You two can make your way down to the front row, you'll be sitting here from now on, since your desks were destroyed."

Andromeda only stumbled down the stairs once Nathane started walking past her.

The lead? The LEAD in the play? Andromeda ripped open the packet and searched for her highlighted character summary.

' ALEXIS: ALEXIS was very excited to move to a new school, as most kids in her old school didn't accept her rebellious mind and punk look. She's in her sophomore year and unlike AMBER, wants to live it up as much as she can in high school. ALEXIS is a quick thinker and wants people to know her name for reasons besides her clothes, she thinks her best way to do so is through her unique acting abilities. When she finds the drama-club is falling apart, she does her best to find a way to get her sister and herself involved in bringing the club back together. Has a slight crush on Ryan from the drama club.'

Andromeda was sure she was about to faint. She collapsed into her seat and felt herself spacing out for most of class. She had so many lines. She sang a lot. How was she supposed to handle this? Should she be excited? Chloe was out to get her now, for sure, and with a vengeance. Who would be playing Ryan, her love interest? Nathaniel had a script under his notebook, Andromeda could see that very clearly. Perhaps him?

"Andromeda?" An impatient voice snaps the girl from her daze. Mrs. Thayer looks at her expectantly. "Can you answer number 4 on the board, please?"

Andromeda quickly scanned over the board as she stood up. Of course, she'd get that question.

"After Perseus defeated Medusa, what was born from Medusa's blood... The answer is Pegasus." Andromeda went to sit back down, but the teacher halted her.