Spring, Year xx66

It's becoming easier. I'm getting more used to being a vampire. I'm allowed out more on my own. Lord Ryan seems to trust me with smaller things now at least. He has two new childer that he turned in the recent years, so his attentions have been divided as of late. Even still, he does spend a lot of his time with me. As of late, he'll sometimes bring me "gifts" for being well behaved. It isn't much. Often the human he brings me is half dead or unconscious already. There have been a few times when he's brought me a healthy human to "enjoy."

          The first time that happened, it was hard. I had hunted humans before, but this was different. They were aware of me, they knew what I was, they knew they were going to be killed. The first time, I tried to make it as painless as possible. Now it's almost natural instinct.

          There are many advantages to being a vampire if I am completely honest. The speed and strength is nothing like I could describe, and my enhanced senses detect even the smallest of sounds and sights. Even complete blackness does not affect me now. I wish I could have told myself as a boy that there would come a day when fearing the dark was nothing but a silly pastime.

          Alas, that life is long gone. Over two decades have passed since I was first turned. If I went back to my old household, I would expect to find my parents dead. Even if I did return now and they were alive, I would likely scare them into their graves.

          It is amazing that so little changes as a vampire. Nothing about the face changes as the years go by, other than hair, which stubbornly continues to grow. One does not grow taller and the only noticeable differences in color comes with skin, depending on if one is filled with blood, and eye color, which changes to red while feeding. I have seen some vampires change, however, and inquiry on the subject has led me to discover shapeshifting. It is a difficult art, as I have been told. A very time consuming one. I do not think I will ever pursue it for myself.