Fall, Year xx01

I messed up. The most I ever have before. Even attacking Lord Ryan decades ago didn't come close to this. Even as I'm writing this, I am hiding out in the basement of some human home. The humans were killed so as not to discover us by accident and to serve as food for her. Ebony. She was the cause of my mistake.

          Last night was another party. I've gotten quite fond of them, actually. The socialization and the companionship that usually follows. Last night was one of the local human's parties though. It's not uncommon for vampires to go to them, there are certain wealthy humans that do not mind our kind and hold parties specifically for us. They are seen as our allies, even if they are kept under close watch in case they should decide to turn against us.

          The party began smoothly, as they always did. And then, I saw her. I had seen human beauties before, both masculine and feminine, I had killed most of them after bedding them, if I must say so. There were a select few that I wanted to keep alive and so I did, letting them leave once we had both been satisfied.

          This human was... different, in a pleasant way. I decided to pursue her.

          Within a few minutes of chatting, I had hooked her enough to draw her away from the party. She was exquisite in both mind and beauty, I already knew I would keep her alive.

          However, as the night progressed, there was a mistake. In the heat of passion, I found myself with my fangs in her neck and the life draining from her eyes.

          I daresay that I panicked for the first time in such a situation. I hadn't wanted to kill her and yet there she was, her body limp in my arms. So I did the only thing I thought to at the moment and opened my wrist, feeding my own blood to her.

          Deep down I knew the consequences. Childer of Lord Ryan's coven were forbidden to make their own childer without Lord Ryan's permission and approval. Breaking that rule was the top act of rebellion against him.

          And yet I still did it.

          It was easy enough to ensnare another human for my childe's first feeding, which she did so greedily. Only after that did she wake up and realise what I had done to her.

          I thought she would be furious. Possibly upset. Either way, I suspected she would try to kill me. Surprisingly, she was neither and she lifted not a finger in my direction. Irked she was, yes. She was angry and argued with me, but she did not fight against me like I have heard many childer do.

          In all honesty, she was perfect.

          There wasn't anything I could do other than return to Lord Ryan's manor and expect the worst.

          The worst did come.

          He was not angry. He never showed any more emotion other than disappointment. That hurt enough in of itself. I didn't want my sire to be disappointed in me, nearly as much as I did. Perhaps this was what I had been craving for the last decades. The rebellion that my body and mind craved but was never able to execute.

          Lord Ryan cast me out into exile. Never again would I be able to return to his manor. If we would meet again, I would be greeted as a stranger or an enemy, depending upon the circumstances, his very words. He gave me time to gather a few things, but I took nothing but Ebony and this diary, excluding the clothes on my back. If I were to survive, I would do it my own way.

          On the way out of my room, I ran into Christine for the last time. I would never see her again. She gave me a look of disdain. Why wouldn't she? I had broken the biggest rule ever given upon the childer of Lord Ryan.

          Looking at her, I felt no regret. I still feel no regret. I am almost giddily proud of my actions.

          Perhaps I can finally be free.