Days off suck when a criminal has your phone number.

(A/N: I'm updating both fanfics today as a consolation gift because the reunion was a let down.  I'll try to have some happy moments to make you guys smile. I love you guys, stay strong.)

Lexa paced in her room. She had a day off, she could take it... Or she could just go to work. Either way she would stress about her case. If she stayed home she would worry about Clarke calling and pulling off another hit not that she's strayed away from her patterns. And if she went to work she'd be doing the exact same thing except she'd be there to answer the call.

Eventually she decided she would stay home, get some sleep, and if anything Ontari would call.

She exited her room and entered the room just as Lincoln put the last pancake on the plate. "Hey sis! You're staying today?" Lincoln said surprised.

Lexa had been throwing herself into her work ever since she got promoted. Her partner at the FBI, Costia Clemens died in a shootout and Lexa was supposed to be dispatched with her that day. After that she got promoted and it was almost like no one ever spoke about it. Lexa loved that girl, they had just decided they were going to give it a shot and then she passed away. Lexa wouldn't grieved her if she had something with her, but she didn't, so she pulled up her big girl pants and moved with her life.

"Yeah, I uh.. I've been getting worked pretty hard with the traveling and the cases. I think I'm just gonna relax today" Lexa sat on the counter in front of the plate. The girl had habit or ripping off the crispy pieces of the pancake and popping them into her mouth.

"Where's Octavia?" Lexa looked around the and into the living room confused.

"She's in the shower, she'll be out any minute.. Any word from bell?" Lincoln whispered incase his girlfriend was around to hear.

The Blakes had been a big part of Lexa and Lincoln's life. They were childhood best friends. Lincoln and Octavia were both the same age and Bellamy was just one year older than Lexa. The older kids were best friends and the younger kids were best friends that's how it always was. Bellamy was the first person Lexa came out to, Lexa was the first person Bellamy told he was joining special forces. He was currently 10 months deep undercover in a arms deal sting, no ones heard from him in a while and the little family they've always been was worried.

"I tried to access the file, but even with my level of clearance, it's a real touchy case. Believe me if theirs anyone that wants to know how he's doing its me" Lexa said as she chewed .

"How who's doing" Octavia asked as she towel dried her hair. She stepped into the kitchen and have Lincoln a kiss on the cheek and Lexa one on the forehead.

"Uh, Roan, you know.. After his mom got killed in that operation" Lexa made up at the top of her head. Any mention of Bellamy to Octavia, and she would get severely sad and detached throughout the day.

"Yeah, he's a dick, she's a dick.. But they definitely didn't deserve that" Octavia sat beside Lexa on the counter.

"So does this mean you're coming with us tonight?" Octavia continued, changing the subject.

"I don't know, O.. I have a lot of paper work to file. This stupid fucking art thief keeps messing with me-" Lexa poured almost half the bottle of maple syrup on her pancakes.. Something she's always done.

"Oh come on lex! Let's have a little fun! Your new job is cool and all but you need a break. You're starting to get bags under your eyes " Octavia pointed out.

"I don't think that's something you point out to women, babe" Lincoln leaned on the counter and began to cut up Octavia's pancakes, he babied her, even as kids.

"Well it's true, she works so hard I'm scared she's gonna disappear on us.. you're quite thin babe" Octavia picked up a small piece of pancake and popped it into her mouth.

If Lexa wasn't aware of Octavia's childish/no filter personality she would of taken offense to her, but she grew up with the younger girl and knew better.

"Well then maybe I'll just skip the party and treat myself to a one woman feast at Buffalo Wild Wings then take a nap" Lexa teased her and Octavia's eyes went wide.

"Never-mind, live you're life lex" Octavia raised her hands in surrender.

"I'm gonna take a shower, you guys staying or?" Lexa asked as she pushed her plate away from herself.

"Mom needs help with something so.. We're gonna go help her out" Lincoln told Lexa and the girl nodded, then made her way to the bathroom.

--------------------
The water pressure was just right, it made indents in her skin as the water came crashing down and that was just how Lexa liked it. Anything less would have made her feel dirty anything more would have harmed her skin. She lathered the shampoo into her hair and let out a shaky breath just as her fingers made contact with her scalp. She wanted to moan.. A full week and a half of just throwing her hair in a bun, taking quick showers and rushing out of the house, was torture. But this, the way she felt the knots dissolve between her fingers as the coconut shampoo suds cascaded down her body. It was everything she could ever hope for in a day off.

She ran her hair under the water and sighed as the burning hot water removed the dirt and grime from the past week and a hands buildup. Just as She reached for the conditioner she heard a sound coming from outside the bathroom. She would have played it off as her brother or Octavia but they yelled that they were leaving right before she stepped into the shower so it couldn't have been them.

Lexa calmly stepped out of the shower without turning the water off. She wrapped the towel around herself and slipped her feet inside her slipper.

Being as quiet as possible she took the lid of the backing of the toilet and fished out the gun she kept there in case of an emergency. Pulling it out of the plastic bag and removing the safety she got ready to face whatever was outside of the bathroom door.

Lexa stepped out of the bathroom which connected to her room, taking slow and steady steps on the hardwood floor she walked towards the door opening it as well. Once she was in the hallway she removed her wet hair from covering her face and walked dangerously close to the wall connecting the living room.
Raising her gun, she heard the sound of numbers being dialed on a phone.

She raised her gun closer to her chest and slowly stepped out from behind the wall. "HANDS WHERE I CAN SEE THEM" she yelled with an authoritative voice.

"Oh shit, what the fuck" said the lean and tall brunette with a leg brace, she dropped her phone in panic and put her hands up in surrender.

"Who are you and what are you doing here" Lexa gripped the towel around her a little bit harder as she kicked the phone away from her.

"I-I'm Raven and I'm a friend of Lincoln and Octavia. They-they said they would be here, the door was open an-" she stopped abrubltly, her face paled and she looked like she's seen a ghost. Realization dawned on the girl that this was the Interpol agent after her best friend.

"Oh fuck, you're the one with the party" Lexa lowered her gun and put the safety back on.

"They aren't here, I'm Lexa.. Lincoln's sister. My mom had some kind of emergency and they went to go help" Lexa stretched her hand out for the other girl to shake.

Ravens jittery fingers wrapped themselves around Lexa's hand "I'm Raven" she forced a smile out.

"I can call them if you want.. Let me just put this away" Lexa laughed and lifted her gun slightly.

"N-no that's fine, I'll just, come back later" Raven said and backed away slowly from the girl.

"Alright, see you late then!" Lexa called out after her and right before she reached the door Lexa's phone rang, and Raven heard the dreadful words.

"How the fuck did you get my cell number, Clarke?"