Consequences.

Lexa sat on the floor of her office, looking at a wall of evidence in front of her. Her hands shook as she played with the corners of her suit jacket. For the first time in her career she felt useless. Everyone praised her for putting a face to the notorious GG. Everyone praised her for getting so close. But nothing felt right. Nothing felt like an agent getting a lead. It felt more like an agent who let her emotions get the best of her, an agent who was stupid and reckless and let a pretty girl fool her. An agent who didn't trust her instincts the first time and put the people she loves in danger.

Ontari walked into her office with two cups of coffee and a bagel. She slid down and sat criss cross apple sauce in front of Lexa. She passed her the coffee she got her and the bagel but Lexa was off god knows where, rethinking everything, every step.. trying to see if there was any way she could fix this.. Ontari inched her hand slowly towards Lexa's and the girl was so lost in through she didn't been notice the comforting grip. "Hey, I'm here Alright?" She told Lexa as she searched her face, trying to read the emotions she might be feeling. But she was pale as a ghost.

"S-she was right in front of me.. I spent hours feeding into her lies and listening to her spew bullshit about her life and I told her everything about me" Lexa said disbelievingly. She looked passed Ontari, not able to look her in the eye, her shame shackling her.

"No one knew what she looked like, you couldn't have expected for her to be so bold and basically sleep with the enemy." Her partner tried as she played with the ends of her fingers.

Lexa rolled her eyes as a hostile smile took over her face, "Im so stupid" she laughed slightly, but tears pricked her eyes and she struggled to hold them in. Ontari panicked slightly, having never seen this side of Lexa before, so vulnerable, so hurt. She slid closer to her and sat next to her instead of in front. Lexa placed her head on her shoulder and wiped the ends of her eyes, trying to stop herself from exploding emotionally.

Just as Lexa opened her mouth, close to saying something about how she needed to look at the records one more time, her phone rang. She looked down at it, expecting it to be Octavia or Lincoln. Maybe even her mom..

But what she last expected was to see Clarke's number flashing on the screen. Lexa's eyes narrowed in anger at the phone in her hand. She wasn't going to answer, but in the midst of her contemplating Ontario had signaled the chief and he was briskly walking towards them in Lexa's clear office.

Lexa answered the call and held the phone to her ear not saying a word. She looked directly in front of her and saw the agents of the office scrambling to get a trace on the call, mapping and triangulating cell towers.. the whole nine yards. She heard irregular breathing on the other line and that only encouraged her to keep quiet for a longer while.

"L-Lexa?.. it's me" the art thief said in a shaky voice. Lexa let out a deep breath to indicate she was on the other side of the call.

"Lexa I need you to listen to me okay.. I need your help. Everything you think you know is wrong and I need your help. I'm not the bad guy here lex?" Clarke spoke quickly, knowing if she didn't want to get traced she'd have to talk fast. She didn't have ravens tech anymore, hell she didn't even have Raven. And that's why she was grasping at straws.

Lexa let out an amused chuckle.. she was so angry that seemed to be the only reasonable thing she could greet her with. "You need me? You play me like a fucking guitar and now that your little cons gone to shit you need me!!?" Lexa spoke slowly into the phone. Articulating her anger with sharp precision.

"You listen to me and listen very carefully.. I'm going to find you. Whatever it takes I will find you. You will get what you deserve.." Lexa said, expecting it to be the end of the conversation because 30 seconds is the minimum time needed to trace a call and Clarke knew that.