Chapter 11

The real hero is a hero by mistake. He dreams of being an honest coward like everybody else~ Umberto Eco

Dedicated to silverstonelove for the great amount of voting she's doing! Thanks for the support!

Dylan

I woke up the next morning in a frenzy. My eyes snapped open and I jumped out of bed, ready to start the day. Siena's the one who likes sleeping in. Don't get me wrong, I like sleep just as much as the next guy, but I was excited for today.

Reason: My first date with Emma. I had to take her to a great place, which is why I was taking her to this great Mexican place downtown. Everyone chooses Italian, but that's so overrated. I'll take her on a date unlike anything she's ever been on before.

I walked into the bathroom and took a quick shower, throwing on a gray shirt and jeans. I'll change later.

I called Jake to update him on what happened with Black Hawk. As I predicted, he thought I was insane, but let the matter slide.

I walked into the kitchen to make breakfast before myself, and I heard the shower turn on in the bathroom. As I finished up, Siena walks in, dressed up more than usual.

"You look nice." I remarked as I slid an omelet onto her plate. "What's the occasion?"

She shrugged. "Nothing."

I sat down across from her and began to eat my food. "Hey, I'm going to be out tonight, ok?"

She nodded. "No problem. Me too."

I smiled and we continued our breakfast. When we're done, I walked into my room and opened up my laptop. I have the perfect date idea for Emma and I.

Emma loves animals. She always has. So, I'd thought I'd take her birdwatching in Central Park. I know a guy who runs the tours there.

I looked up the info online. Perfect. There's a tour at 6. Once we're done with that, I'll take her to La Rosa. It's not too far, so we can walk.

I spent the rest of the day worrying about what to wear. I called Calli for some help.

"Hey Dylan. What's up?" She chirped.

"I need your help. I can't decide what to wear for tonight."

"And may I ask what special event deserves my advice?" She questioned.

"I've got a date with a really great girl tonight."

"Hmm. And may I assume that Siena does not know about this?"

I winced. "Yup."

"And why not?" She said, annoyed.

"Because I didn't want her to find out?" I hate how my voice rises up at the end.

She exhaled. "Really? Fine, whatever. I'm not going to pester you right now. My schedule's full. I'll do it after your date."

"Good to know you've let up on being annoying." I remarked.

"Hey!"

"Anyways, what should I wear?"

"You have a gray and blue button down shirt, right?"

"Yeah."

"Wear that with a pair of jeans. Button the shirt, turn up the collar, and brush your hair."

"Ok Mom."

"Hey, you're the one that wanted my advice."

"Point taken. Thanks Calli."