Chapter 33

Well, you need the villain. If you don't have a villain, the good guy can stay home.~ Christoph Waltz

Dedicated to beezgobuzz, for the greatest username ever and the wonderful voting. Thank you so much! <3

Siena

So crying over fictional characters isn't the best way to spend your holiday break. But let me be honest here, it's how I spend mine. I mean, hours on end, no obligations, nothing to do, what better time? Still hurts, I mean, not saying that. Apparently, throwing the seventh book in the Harry Potter series at a stone wall after Dobby's death isn't recommended. Doesn't mean I don't do it, even after I've read it for the 100th time.

I picked up the book, still in fairly good condition, even after hurling it at a wall. I had canceled my plans with Warrior on the 27th to meet up, for I was so tired and exhausted. We agreed to meet on New Year's Eve, since neither of us had social lives and dedicated most our lives to fandoms, especially me.

Sitting on the bench on New Year's Eve in New York was quickly becoming my favorite thing. Everyone was already starting to get drunk, even though it was only 5 p.m. there were a few college student, (older than me) out and about stumbling around the park, trying (and failing) to hit on girls. There was an old man, feeding the pigeons that were scattered at his feet; he was ok. The best was the dog with the really drunk owner, who kept tripping over the dog's leash every time she took a step.

People were so stupid. We were celebrating nothing more than the inevitable passage of time. You'd think more people would not want to celebrate New Year's, I mean, they were celebrating one year closer to death.

Ok, wow. That was dark. Sorry. No, I guess people loved New Year's because of the apparent "ability to start over". What bullshit. You have to own up to what you have done in the past, and that means facing it. And not to quote Rafiki here, but we have to learn from it.

Anyways, New Year's in the city was just plain old entertaining. In such a massive city, it would be quite easy for someone to get very drunk and pass out, or to have easy access to liquor. I never liked alcohol. It always burned my throat whenever I drank it.

What, did you think I was a goody-two shoes? Nope, definitely not. I have tried both alcohol and cigarettes. First one, I could do in moderation. Never trying the second one again.

Anyhow, I was thinking about this as the drunkards stumbled my ways, slurring their words and acting like two-year olds even more. One stumbled up to me and slumped down in the space next to me. I looked at him, disgusted, and got up, ready to walk. One of this friend decided to lay a hand on my shoulder, and whirled around, grabbing his hand and twisting it behind his back. I stuffed my book under my arm and took the other one, holding both his hands behind his back while he whimpered in pain.

"You wanna try that again?" I hissed in his ear, pulling a bit more to emphasize my point.

"No." He whimpered in pain.

I glared at all of his equally drunk friends. "Any of you lay a hand on me, I'll take your body parts and shove them up your-"

Just then, my phone started ringing. I dropped my grip from the guy, and all of his friends ran out, tripping over their legs to get away. I shook my head in disgust and pulled out my phone, answering the call.

"Hello." I answered.

"Hey." A voice said on the line. It was Calli, who else?

"Whaddya got for me?"

"Warrior asked if we could to patrol instead of finding clues today because it New Year's, and people tend to get drunk and hurt on New Year's."

"Sure. Tell him I'll meet him on top of a building at the corner of 65th and 2nd Ave. At 9."