Chapter 12

If you have not been a villain at a certain point in time, you will never be a hero. And the day you are a hero, you may become a villain the next day.~Carlos Ghosn

Dedicated to one of the greatest people in the world, and one of my favorite readers, bookaremylife25. I love your username. It's so accurate. Thanks for the voting and comments!

Siena

I'm escorted by Nick to his car after Dylan leaves. Where was he going? He was dressed up. He's only ever dressed up when he goes on a date.

The thought of this makes my stomach twist and turn. I don't like her.

How can you not like her? You haven't even met her! Stop being so judgemental. Yeah, but I'm like that with everyone. True.

Nick opened the door for me and I stepped in. "Thanks." Just because I'm a feminist doesn't mean I don't appreciate manners.

He climbed in behind me. "So where are we going?" I asked.

"There's this great Italian restaurant near Times Square, Aderato's. I thought we'd go there."

"Oh." I nodded. I don't bother telling him that I've been there so many times. It's owned by my aunt and uncle.

"After that, a carriage ride through Central Park."

"Wow." I said. "That sounds great."

He shot me lopsided smile, and I smiled back. Although Nick is incredibly hot, and I'm attracted to him, I'd just thought I would like him more.

He asked me as we drive through the traffic, "So how long have you wanted to become a lawyer?"

"I love arguing and debating. I know a lot of law isn't that, but I can handle all of the paperwork."

"So what kind do you want to be?" He asked me, pulling into the street in front of the restaurant.

"I've always liked corporate law." I said, tucking back a strand of my hair.

He unbuckled his seatbelt, and I waited for him as he jogged around to my side and opened the door for me.

"I like dealing with finances and accounting, and you can get really rich." Plus, everyone thinks corporate lawyers are already evil.

He chuckled. "Good motivation." He opened the door for me and we walk in.

A pretty brunette hostess greeted us. "Siena! I didn't know you were coming in today!"

I gave her a small twitch of my lips. Like I said, I don't smile too much. "Hey Emilia."

"Siena, how do you know her?" Nick asked, standing behind me.

"Oh, this is my aunt and uncle's house. Nick, this is my cousin, Emilia Manco."

Emilia smiled. "Nice to meet you."

He shook her hand. "Likewise."

"Anyways, would you guys like me to show you to your table?" Emilia asked.

"Don't you have such a large crowd though?" I asked, gesturing to the packed lobby.

Emilia winked. "Anything for family. Come on."

We followed her, as she leads us to the corner, a romantic booth. She handed us our menus. "I'll be back shortly to take your drinks."

"What are you thinking of getting?" Nick glanced at me.

"I'll get the Coke. You?"

"I'm taking a hot water."

I nodded. Awkward silence followed us. I can't think of what to say.