Chapter 24

A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles.~Christopher Reeve

Dedicated to starstyle12girl, who gets all of my amazing fandom references, no matter how obscure or popular they are! I love you, fangirls unite!

Siena

The next morning, I made it a personal goal not to get up before noon, and to stay in bed until dinner. Sure, I was starving, but I did bring snacks into my room all the time, so i had a few things to eat while I binged Netflix.

A knock resounded at my door.

"What?" I called, irritable that this person interrupted.

Dylan poked his head in cautiously. "Don't kill me, I just wanted to remind you that you have an appointment with Lucinde at 2:30 today. I glanced at the clock and groaned. It was already 1:45, which mean that I needed to shower and get dressed and leave.

"Thank you for that." I said sarcastically.

"No problem." He answered, smiling cheekily back.

I quickly showered and changed from a t-shirt and a pair of leggings to a longer shirt with a pair of leggings, and started my walking, walking all the way to Lucinde's office. This time, I was exactly on time, and as I walked in, the receptionist waved for me to walk in.

"Hey!" She greeted from behind her desk. She was shifting piles of paperwork and putting them into files. "Take a seat, I'll be with you in a minute."

"That's a lot of paperwork." I remarked as I sat down.

"Yeah." She sighed. "That's what I get for binging Game of Thrones instead of doing any of it last night."

I laughed. Lucinde was so nice, she really made me feel like a friend. I don't know how she got in, since I'm a very guarded person, but she seemed more like a really cool sister than a shrink.

"So," she said, sitting down. "What do you want to discuss today?"

She looked really nice today, with her hair pulled back into a short ponytail that brushed the back of her neck, and her face just done with the slightest hints of makeup.

"Actually, I have an assignment in class to ask someone I don't know very well a bunch of questions and to interview them. I hope you don't mind if I ask you?"

She shook her head. "Ask away. This will be a chance for you to get to know me better, which is really good."

"All right. If you could have dinner with any person in the world, who would it be and why?" I asked her.

She pursed her lips. "I would go with Lance Armstrong. I'd want to ask what made him throw away all that talent and turn to steroids." I tried not to show my surprise. That was the first answer that I had gotten of him.

"Do you have a significant other, and if so, how did you two meet?"

"My bed, I met him while shopping for furniture." She laughed. "No, I'm not in a relationship with anyone."

I laughed. "Me too. I'm thinking of breaking it off with my boyfriend, even though we've only had like one date."

"Ooh, that bad huh?" She grimaced.

I nodded. "Next question. How close is your family?" I asked.

She smiled. "Well, my parents passed away when I was little, but I was raised by my very loving grandmother, who's still alive and kicking." She said.

(#1) Roommates by Day, Enemies by NightOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara