Conciliation prize

So here I am walking through the woods in the middle of the night, I'm tire and starving since I haven't eaten anything since breakfast but I don't stop the further I get away from that place the better but I can't keep going anymore my legs are killing me I think I should stop and rest thank goodness it's July and not the dead of winter.

I know I said that I like the cold weather more than the heat but trust me you don't want to sleep out side in the woods in winter unless you want to freeze so I propped myself against a tree and closed my eyes. My eyes snap open to someone calling my name as I look around I realize that I can see with my human eyes (that's weird) and I'm not in the woods but I'm laying down on something soft and in surrounded but light blues and white as I look down at the thing I was laying on and see that it's a white fluffy cloud, the first thing that pops into my head is where the hell am I. As I look around trying to see if maybe I can make out where I might be but there is nothing jus endless space but keep hearing faint voices calling my name so I start walking in the direction of the voices only to see my mom and dad standing a little ways ahead of my with bright smiles,

I can't help the smile that makes it's way onto my lips, I run into their arms hugging them thought as my mom cries saying how much she has missed me. Once we stop hugging and my calm down a little bit they explain to me that I'm jus dreaming they came into my dream so they could talk to me, they said that they are sorry for everything that happened to me since their passing but I never blamed them for what happened it was never their fault. I told them how much is love them and miss them every single day, they asked me to forgive Sara and Jennifer for what they have done but right now I can't, the wounds are still so fresh that I can't yet but I'm sure that with time I'll will forgive them. I asked them why did they come since it's the first time they have come into my dreams to talk to me, my dad said that the Moon Goddess allowed them to come talk to me so they could inform that the Goddess has granted me a gift and when I awake I will know what the gift is, since they couldn't stay any longer even though I begged them not to go they had to but they told me not worry that they will watch over me like they have always done and a second later they disappeared and I woke up.

When I woke up I felt the sunlight shine through my eyelids and I knew right away what the gift from the Goddess was the gift of sight well I guess that's my conciliation  prize. I got up, starched and decided it's time to get moving again, I walked the whole day through the woods and deserted roads until I came upon a small town and on the edge of the town was a small Red Cross shelter.