Nightmares & Names aka Chapter 5

Bailey's POV

I screamed as he pulled me by the hair, dragging me out of the pack house. "Help!" I  yelled crying hysterically. "Shut up, bitch. Your just an omega! Nobody cares about you" he screamed in my face.

The pack members just watched and in the background I could hear laughing. Someone was strapping me to a pole behind the pack house and I could hear the ripping of my shirt at the back.

I knew what was about to happen, being whipped for not finishing my chores on time.

The first lash of the whip ripped across my back, I had to hold in my screams or I could make it worse.

Each time the whip hit my back I could feel the blood dripping down my back and could see it pooling it down around my knees. The alpha was screaming at me but I couldn't make out any words it was just noise. My head was pounding and after twenty lashes I couldn't hold in the screams that poured out of my  burning throat. The pool of my blood was getting bigger and my vision was becoming more blurry with each lash.
The pain was unbearable, I would do anything to make them stop but I knew they wouldn't. They found joy in my pain and I could hear the murmur of their laughing.

The lashes were getting harder and my ears were ringing and the lashes were coming numb. They suddenly stopped and I cried out in relief, one of the men bent down next to my ear and I could feel the cool of a blade against my throat.

  Someone snarled in my ear, " Ready to die you filthy omega." I knew they would eventually kill me but at least now I wouldn't feel anymore pain and I would maybe get to see my brother.

Then someone started shouting my name as the blade swept across my throat. I felt the blood pour down my chest and I started to cough up blood, but someone kept shouting out my name.

The darkness flashed away and I jolted up only to find I was in a hospital room.
My hands immediately went to my throat but there was no cut and no blood. It was then that I noticed the man from earlier who said I was his mate was sitting next to the bed. His stormy eyes were swirling with concern. I then remember everything that had happened, I had run away from my pack and it was only a nightmare. I started to cry and cry so bad that my body was shaking, I hated to cry it showed weakness. But I was so relieved to have escaped those demons but now I faced new ones.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Grayson's POV

I am a fucking dumbass.

I knew that she had been abused yet I scared her by throwing my beta in to a wall. I couldn't help it when I heard her heart racing and that my beta was scaring her my wolf lost control.

I sat outside her room while my mother bandaged her wounds. After she resigned from being Luna she still wanted to be helpful to the pack so she decided to take up being a nurse.

My mother told me that she had fallen asleep and what her wounds were. She told me to go home and get some rest but I knew that I couldn't until my mate was better.

I still wasn't able to find out her name and none of the doctors knew either. After I knew for certain she was asleep I went into her room to check on her. She seemed to be sleeping well but then after a couple minutes her heart started racing and she was murmuring things in her sleep.

She started to scream and cry, I didn't know of anything else but to try and wake her up.

She jolted up in bed and her hands went around her throat, I was afraid she was having another panic attack but she stopped and looked around until she noticed me.

She was frightened but also I could see some curiosity swimming in her eyes as she looked at me.

She kept looking down not making eye contact.

I knew she must be thirsty after all of her screaming.

"Would you like some water?"

She didn't answer but only nodded, I poured her the biggest glass I could find. I reached forward to give it to her she flinched so hard I was afraid she would hurt her head.
But once she realized that I was giving her water she grabbed the glass and greedily drank it all. She was adorable in her own little way.
She was somewhat tall for a woman but small to me and she had delicate but strong features. She had an impish upturned nose with dark blue stormy eyes. She was gorgeous.

"What's your name?" I asked her in the softest voice I could muster.

She looked up at me but quickly looked back down do her lap.

"My name is Bailey." She answered

It was so quiet I wouldn't of heard it if I weren't a wolf.

"Bailey that is a beautiful name and it suits you perfectly, my name is Grayson."

When she just looked at me again but never in my eyes as if she was afraid to make eye contact with anyone.

"Bailey do know what you and me are?" I asked her

She answered,"Are we mates?"

"Yes Bailey we are and you know that means that I won't ever hurt you if I did I wouldn't be able to ever for give myself." She nodded a little bit like she understood.

Then she asked me, "Why don't you reject me, I am a burden and a filthy omega?"

I was so angry.
I gently took her chin in my hand and made her look at me but her eyes still drifted.

"Bailey look at me, you can make eye contact, I won't hurt you I swear on the moon goddess." She finally looked up into my eyes. Her eyes held no life in them and you could almost see the demons in them.

"Bailey you are not a burden to me, you are a precious gift from the moon goddess and deserve to be happy. You are not a filthy omega, you are beautiful." Her eyes filled with tears and she looked like she believed me but was still uncertain.

"Are we really mates?" She asked in a small and weakened voice.

"Yes Bailey and from now on know that you will always be protected"

She whispered, "Thank You" as she fell back asleep.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Hello I am back. I am going to be honest I was going to give up on this book but then I read all those comments and decided not to, so thank you.

Please comment and vote they remind me to keep writing this book.

Quote: Oh my darling it's true, beautiful things have dent and scratches too.
(One of my favorite quotes btw)