A Mate Who Feels like Home aka Chapter 6

Hey it's me again
I am finally updating and will try to on a regular basis
Just let me say thanks to all you guys for letting this book reach 12k reads and putting up with my lazy ass

How do you guys like the new cover?

-----------------------------------------------------------

Bailey's POV

It was hot.

Really really hot.

I peeled my eyes open saw a wooden ceiling. I looked over and was met with a man's face.
I screamed and jumped off the bed running and crouching in the corner.
This was too much like that day. (hint hint)

I had to get away, I needed to escape.
The man looked at me his silver-gray eyes flashing with concern.

And everything came rushing through my mind like a train crash making me nauseous. The running, nightmares, my panic attack and my mate.
Grayson.

"Bailey what's wrong?" I shook my head. I cant be here I need to escape. I cant survive this. I cant live through more beatings and the guilt of my brother, I need to disappear.

Grayson got off the bed walking towards me. I cant trust him, I cant trust anyone except my brother who is dead because I was too weak to save him. I don't realize the tears falling down my face until Grayson wipes them away making me flinch. I try to scoot away but he pulls me into his lap causing me to freeze. I don't want to trust him but I cant stop the mate bond causing me relax and let him hold me.

My heart flutters.

This is not right.

I should be screaming and crying, trying to escape.
I should be terrified of him, and he should be punishing me for being such a worthless mate.
He shouldn't be holding me.
He should be pushing me away, and looking at my scars with disgust.

But no.
Grayson is tracing patterns on my arm, calming me down.
Saying sweet things in my ears that I shouldn't believe.
I am not fighting or crying.
I am relaxing and starting to go into a dreamlike daze.
I don't feel trapped or worthless. I feel comfort, safety and cared for.
I feel like I'm home.

I am abruptly woken from my daze when a loud sharp knocking rings throughout the room.
Growls rumble through my mates chest but I am not scared of him. He makes me and my wolf feel safe.

Grayson stands up carrying me as if I weigh nothing. He gently sets me on the bed before he opens the door and starts talking to the person outside.
It sounds like a girl, probably his girlfriend. Of course he would have a girlfriend instead of his mate, someone who will bring him strong pups and power. Not someone who is weak and worthless like me.

He shuts the doors and stares at me with worry, smelling my emotions.

"Bailey what is wrong?" I shrug my shoulders not answering him.

"Bailey tell me, you do not have to be afraid to speak, I will never hurt you." He says gently.
I feel the bed dip beside me and I turn to face him. My hair falls in my face. Grayson leans in and tucks it behind my ear causing me to flinch. I look at him and he looks concerned and worried.

"I j-just was wondering who that was?" I whisper.
He looks at me for a second.
"Bailey that was my sister Kimberly, she has been wanting to meet you."
He says looking into my eyes.
"Do you have a girlfriend?"
I ask nervous of his answer.
"No Bailey, I would never do that to my mate I have been saving everything for you." He mumbles with a little blush on his ears. Relief floods through me causing a weight to lift off my chest.

"Bailey would you be alright if I left you in here alone for a little while, so I can go catch up on paperwork?" I nod.
"Alright I will be down on the first floor if you need me, my mother the nurse who helped you might be up in a little bit. I filled the closet with clothes if you need any and you may go upstairs." He says as he quietly closes the door.

I'm now alone and bored.
When he leaves I decide explore the room. I now realize it is a lot bigger than I first noticed.

The room has a gray theme with white accents and dark hardwood floors. On the back wall there is California king bed with night stands and doors at on each side of the bed at the end of the wall.
On the side wall there is floor to ceiling windows that show the mountains and forest with balconies that lead outside. On the front wall there is also a giant tv with a white and grey seating arrangement. But off in the corner there is a spiral staircase that leads to what I am assuming is the second story. It is beautiful and it is the size of the whole upstairs floor in my old packhouse.

(Just imagine a spiral staircase in the corner leading up to a second story and two doors by the bed

(Just imagine a spiral staircase in the corner leading up to a second story and two doors by the bed. Also a big tv like 50inch above the fireplace)

I decide to go upstairs and look around.
The upstairs is even more beautiful, with the same floor to ceiling walls on both sides but with a view of the mountains and forest.
There are low antique hanging​ lights and filled book shelves. Above the shelves there is a small loft that has another small seating arrangement that has a tv and other things. And two hardwood desks sit on both sides of the doors right as you walk in.
Although one thing makes this room the most important to me.

Towards the back of the room is a huge beautiful grand piano that has my fingers shaking

Piano used to be the thing that I loved to do most. I played till I was ten and my mother destroyed my piano.

I sat down at the bench loving the feel of the keys that I had missed so much. When my piano was destroyed, I was devastated after my brother it was the only thing I had left.
My fingers automatically started to playing Fur Elise by memory, my favorite song. The tune drifted up and into my heart leaving it singing. I got lost in the song like I always did feeling the notes ring in the air and feeling the music blend together. When I had finished I felt at peace as the last of the chords hung in the air creating a beautiful humming in my ears.

I then decided that I head down to take a shower and clean my wounds. As I descended down the stairs my eyes watered remembering all the songs me and my brother would play on the piano be fore he died.

Fur Elise was his favorite too.
--------------------------------------------------------

What did you guys think?

Also thanks guys again for the support and comments they gave me ideas about the story