A Story About A Boy Named Callum aka Chapter 12

"She seemed quiet & cold,
like the snow
When she was really like a summer storm,
fierce & unpredictable"
-JW

Bailey's POV

Tears started to form in the corner of my eyes, as he whispered those words in my ears. They meant the world to me, that he would stay here and not hurt me like so many people before. I breathed in quietly for a few moments, where it was just us and nothing from my past trying to interfere.

Then I pulled away from his embrace and went to sit on the bed. He looked questioningly at me and followed after.

I nervously wringed my hands and sighed as he sat down next to me. "What is it Bailey," he asked. I looked up at him, but my words caught in my throat wanting to be forced back down. But no he didn't deserve that, he needed to know something about my past.

"I-I told you earlier that I used to have an older brother. His name was Callum, " I stuttered out. I could feel his wondering stare, wondering why I was telling him this. He wiped a tear from my cheek, that I didn't know had fallen, silently urging me to continue.

"He was barely two years older than me, and he was killed when I was nine. It was all my fault that he died, I should not of been a weak pup. I should've done something to help him, " I whispered.

Grayson pulled me into his lap, while wiping all tears from my cheeks.
"Bailey, I do not know what happened and know that you will tell me. However I do know that this was not your fault, nothing like this could be your fault," he quietly said while playing with my hair.

He had no idea how much this really meant to me, him telling me that this wasn't my fault. Him listening to what really happened without yelling at me. All my life no one ever actually listened to what I had to say, except my brother. I was always unimportant, looked over, to my parents and the rest of my pack. I never knew until I was older that people could actually be like Grayson.

I shook my head from thoughts and continued, " I was unimportant to my family and pack, I was just supposed to increase it's size. The only person who cared, was my brother," I paused taking a deep breath to stop my shaking hands.

"It was fall when he died, I had begged him to teach me how to hunt in my new form. He agreed to take me so we could be away from my parents for awhile. We were on a path my father, who is the head tracker, made for Callum. W-When....." I stopped trying to catch my breath, that was coming out fast.

Grayson just held me and whispered in my ear, "Bailey it's ok, you don't have to tell me, it can wait. The only thing that matters right now is you, not telling me about your past." I shook my head at his words, he needed to hear this and I needed to tell him. "Grayson I need to tell you, I need to get this out," I mumbled. He nodded, understanding and just waiting, knowing I needed time.

After a minute or so I continued, "We were walking when we were attacked, by hunters, " I forced out. He growled at those words tightening his hold on me, not wanting to let me go. I traced designs on his thumb trying to calm him, and myself down.

"Sorry," he ground out, knowing that this was frightening me. I nodded my head, while looking up at him letting him know that it was alright. He was still tense and his jaw rigid, I could practically see the anger flowing off him in waves. He glanced down at me and attempted to pull off a smile, but he just looked really silly. I giggled at his attempt which,  made a real smile appear on his face. " I love it when you laugh, little mate," he chuckled while tucking a hair strand behind my ear.

I smiled and decided to continue while my spirits were up.
" U-Um, the hunters came out of nowhere and started to attack us, we were in our forms and my brother was protecting me. He started to attack them, but he was small and was shoved down by one of them; he tried so hard to fight them, but he was just a pup. One of the hunters had started to come after me, and Callum told me to run. Run home, but I didn't want too, I knew what would happen if I did...."
I stammered trying to shove the memories from my thoughts, but I couldn't because they would never leave. Grayson traced patterns on my back trying to calm me down, but I could tell he needed it too. His muscles were bundled, and I could feel his wolf growling through the bond.

I sighed and thought about what happened next, how everything became so much worse.
Could I tell him?
What would happen? Would he reject me?
I felt my wolf begin to panic​, but I swallowed down the fear. If I wanted to share a life with him and be his mate, I just had to trust him.

"Everything was telling me to stay and do anything, but the hunter was closer. So I looked at him one last time, and then I ran. I ran as fast as my little paws would take me, but then there was a gunshot an-d-d...." I stopped trying to fight back the tears, trying to stop myself from going further.

"Bailey it's ok, you did everything you could. You had to run, you had too," Grayson whispered while placing kisses on my forehead.
I furiously wiped away at the tears that were running down my cheeks. I need to finish this and stop dragging it out, but like always before, my emotions were creating a problem.

"I-I ran up to my house crying and telling my parents everything. They ran to save him, but I knew it was too late. I knew he was gone. And after what seemed like hours, my parents came back with anger written all over their faces. Angry that it was him and not me, the runt. I tried to run to them and I tried to comfort them, b-but then my father was h-hitting me..." I cried out.

A growl ripped through the room, terrifying me as Grayson jumped up and lost control. I cowered to the bed, not used to the sudden change. I was frightened by this Grayson, the one who lost control and brought back my past. He started breaking and throwing things, causing my breath to quicken. He needed to stop, I needed to calm him. However I was frozen in place, because his eyes had completely changed.

Grayson's once beautiful silver-gray eyes, now looked like something from a nightmare.

The whites of his eyes had shifted into black ebony pools of darkness, and his irises were now glowing a deep bloody crimson red.

Grayson wasn't here anymore, his wolf had completely taken over control.

<<<<<<<<<

Just vote, comment, and all that jazz!

Until next chapter bookworms......