A Letter From The Council aka Chapter 18

Hey bookworms, this chapter I'm dedicating to all of you readers. I really just want to thank you guys for still reading and supporting this book even it's taken a long time to get the book actually going. Never thought this book would ever reach a 100k reads, so thank you guys so much, it means a lot!

I also have an important question, do you guys think I should change or redo the cover???

Hope you guys enjoy!

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Grayson's POV

I am broken from my sentence and conversation, when a loud knock coming from the door, echos into the living room. I quickly hand over the cutting board and vegetables to Wes, before hurriedly making my way to the large wooden doors. Oliver growled in annoyance, annoyed that we're leaving the conversation when my mate was coming out of her quiet shell.

I could feel Bailey's eyes follow me as I leave the kitchen and make my way to the door. I pull open the heavy door, seeing one of my warriors, Merrick, standing on the porch with an envelope.

I growl out in frustration, before taking the envelope that was passed to me. " Excuse me Alpha for interrupting you and your mate, but this is from the Council. They told me that it was very urgent, I wanted you to have is as soon as possible Alpha Jones," The warrior stated respectfully, before baring his neck in submission.

"Thank you Merrick for delivering it quickly, you are dismissed," I state while nodding to the warrior. He barred his neck once more in respect before leaving the porch, and heading back towards the pack house.

I sigh dramatically, messily opening the envelope as I make my way back towards the kitchen. Wesley was now grilling the vegetables along with some meat for a stir-fry and Kimber is talking softly to my mate. They were talking about the house and clothes, making me smile. Kimberley could not have a single conversation without talking about clothes at least once. I softly kiss my mate on the forehead, making her cheeks flush; before making my way back towards the stove, and leaning against the center island to read the important letter.

Dear Alpha Jones,

We are writing to you and all other alphas, regarding a very urgent matter. The situation is a private matter of someone you're familiar with, and to who our Council and all wolves, owe their lives too. This person has done a great deal in helping the werewolf race by ending the hunter organization, Raven.
As you know was still at large, and attacking our society until the recent past.
By helping this person with an urgent matter, we can begin to repay back a small amount of all that we owe them.
We can repay out debt to what they have done for the Goddess and all of us Creatures.

So, that is why we are writing to you urgently, we would like to help this person find what they are looking for as soon as possible. In honor of this person we are holding a meeting/ball in the shortcoming weeks. We are asking every Alpha to come to this event along with their mates, as it is a very urgent situation and we wish to solve this situation for our honored quest. If it is not a dire or pressing matter, we are asking you, Luna Jones, and Beta Adair to attend this very meaningful event.

Sincerely,

The Council

I sigh quickly processing everything in, before folding the letter and setting it on the counter. Staring at the broken red seal, I question on whether it is important enough to risk the way my mate will feel being around so many people. I don't know how she would react around that many different people and if she would be comfortable with it. She is just begining to open up to the idea of having a mate, how would she feel being in such a large and busy place, so suddenly.