That Stupid Fucking Picture aka Chapter 14

Sorry for the long update and the bad chapter, I rewrote it 3 times and it still didn't turn out how I planned.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy it.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Bailey's POV

"I-I ran up to my house crying and telling my parents everything. They ran to save him, but I knew it was too late. I knew he was gone. And after what seemed like hours, my parents came back with anger written all over their faces. Angry that it was him and not me, the runt. I tried to run to them and I tried to comfort them, b-but then my father was h-hitting me..." I cried out.

A growl ripped through the room, terrifying me as Grayson jumped up and lost control. I cowered to the bed, not used to the sudden change. I was frightened by this Grayson, the one who lost control and brought back my past. He started breaking and throwing things, causing my breath to quicken. He needed to stop, I needed to calm him. However I was frozen in place, because his eyes had completely changed.

Grayson's once beautiful silver-gray eyes, now looked like something from a nightmare.

The whites of his eyes had shifted into black ebony pools of darkness, and his irises were now glowing a deep bloody crimson red.

Grayson wasn't here anymore, his wolf had completely taken over control.

Snarls we're still pouring out of Grayson's chest, as the wolf continued his assault on the room. His wolf was losing it's sanity, fighting it's own anger, furiously trying to kill an invisible threat that wasn't here. Blood ran from Grayson's split knuckles, down his arms, slowly dripping onto the cherry floors. I was just frozen, standing there while watching the beautiful colors in his eyes flicker. Grayson was having an inner battle with himself, and right now his wolf was winning.

As a frame was thrown into the wall near me, I let out a small shriek. The small picture landed on the ground with a loud defining clatter. Blood began to drip from my cheek, where a small piece of broken glass had lodged itself. The shattered photo that landed at my feet was of four teens, all swimming and laughing in a pool. They looked so happy, and Grayson in the picture was carefree. Not the same devastated one standing before me.

I furiously shook these unhelpful thoughts from my head, and looked up at the destruction of the room. I hadn't realized that all noise had stopped; and that Grayson was collapsed silently on his knees. Muscles tensing and eyes brightly flashing, his wolf and human fighting. Anguish and sadness continually poured through the mate bond, as I slowly made my way over to the Alpha.

I crouched down next to him, lightly holding his rough cheek in my hands. While his wolf stared straight into my eyes; allowing for me to see the thoughts occurring within his mind. Grayson then quickly pulled me down into his lap, scenting my neck and trying to calm his anxious wolf.

"I'm sorry," Grayson exhaled in a breathy voice, letting all the weight resting on his shoulders fall. "I'm so sorry that I wasn't there for you, I'm sorry I let you go through that. I'm such a horrible mate," He quitely whispered to himself, more than to me. I vigorously shook my head no at him, trying to find the right words.

"N-no Grayson, you are a wonderful mate. Ever s-s-since I came here you have only taken care of me and I have only been a pain to you....Grayson you are what I wished for everyday since my brother died and my family turned on me," I stressed while looking back into his eyes. He smiled halfheartedly, beginning to brush his fingers through my hair. "Goddess, what did I do to deserve someone as beautiful as you," He whispered to me, while silently reaching down to kiss my cheek, and allowing for a single tear to escape his silver-gray eyes.