Thirty Three - Wake up and smell the cookies

Aria's POV 

I get under the sheets of the bed I am on and stare up at the roof. I don't understand. I should understand by now but I don't. I have no idea what is happening or what happened and I still don't want to believe it even though I know it happened.

I hear the room door unlock and I look up to see Vincent walk in. I sigh and pull the blanket over my head. I'm really not in the mood to talk to anyone, especially not Vincent.

"You lied to me Vincent. You knew the truth about me and you never told me. You were just going to use me. I trusted you way more than I should have and you knew everything but you didn't tell me. Why did you treat me differently to Kayden? You were going to use me just like you were using him. That much I know." I say, still under the blanket.

It's silent for a really long time before I hear Vincent whisper, "I'm sorry."

I lift the blanket off my face and glare at Vincent. "Achoo." I state, pretending to sneeze as I keep glaring at Vincent.

"What?" Vincent frowns.

"I'm allergic to bullshit." I state and after a while of silence, I fake a sneeze again.

"I really am sorry, Aria. I didn't think I was ever going to care about you as much as I do. I was going to use you, I admit that. I... I just wanted someone to pay for what happened to my family. You don't understand what it's like to watch your parents and your brother die in front of you." Vincent says.

"Your dad made me choose which parent he kills first. My parents were always there for me. You don't understand because you don't remember. I'm sorry, I was just thinking about them when I took you, I wasn't thinking about how it would hurt you." Vincent stares into space and a tear slips down his cheek but he doesn't notice.

"My dad was a cook and he used to make this lasagna that tasted amazing and my mom loved baking and every morning you would just wake up and smell the cookies and I can't even sleep anymore because all I can think about is how I should have listened to my mom and not made a gang. I was so stupid, Aria. I miss them so much." he whispers the last part, wiping his cheek quickly.

I push the blanket off me and crawl over to hug Vincent. "I forgive you Vincent, but I can't get back with you. Everything just happened so fast and I'm scared but I do forgive you. You can't love me, you might like me but trust me, you don't love me." I say.

Vincent hugs me tighter, not saying anything. "I'm sorry Vincent, I don't know what you went through and I dont even want to imagine it but nobody should have to go through that." I state.

"Yeah, well nobody should have to get kidnapped and then find out their whole life was a lie." Vincent states.

"Friends?" I ask as I pull away from Vincent, putting my hand out for him to shake.

Vincent pulls me into a bear hug, "Friends." he whispers and I smile.

I don't want to stay mad at Vincent. Yes, he did some stupid things but I think it's just a waste of my time being mad at someone.

The door swings open and Jay walks in, "We have to go to Mr. Halorez. He wants to meet Aria in person."

Vincent lets me go and looks at Jay with a shocked expression, "In person?" he repeats and Jay nods.

"Why do you look so surprised?" I ask Vincent and he turns to look at me.

"Nobody has ever met Mr. Halorez in person except your dad." Vincent explains.

"Come on guys, let's go. He wants to meet us in ten minutes and we can't be late or he will dismember all of us." Jay says and walks out the door and Vincent and I walk out straight after him.

Breathe, Aria. Hopefully you won't die today.

~~~~~

Blehhhhhh. Eid Mubarak to le Muslims that are celebrating ;) xxx

Thank you to the awesome people that are enjoying the story ;) it's almost overrr :( NOOOOOOOO!! Anyone want a sequel? I haven't decided if I should do one or not :P

🍌 вαиαиα ℓσνє 🍌