Chapter 22

After a whole day of the torturous practice, I dragged myself back to the chamber. My shoulders ached so much, I felt as if I'd been carrying one of the temple stones with me.

My feet shuffled along the corridor until I reached my resting place. Leaning my body against the door, I pounded it weakly. The sound of footsteps rushed from the inside. Kesar's face lit up as she opened the door, but I fell right into her arms. She caught my sluggish form in surprise.

"My lady! Are you feeling ill?" Kesar asked, trying to hold me.

"Oh Kesar, please help me!" I whined. "I don't want to do this anymore!"

She held me by the waist and wrapped one of my arms over her shoulders then walked me inside.

"You need to rest," Kesar said. "I shall inform the maids to prepare the bath for you."

She helped me lay down on the bed. My legs felt like they had turned to wood, and my neck might break if I turned too quickly.

Kesar removed my boots, lifting my feet onto her lap to massage them.

"Oh Kesar, that feels amazing," I exhaled. Kesar giggled in relief, realizing I was just being a little goose like my father would say. "But I don't think you should touch my feet too much."

"Why, my lady? Am I hurting you?"

"No, no, I just fear I like it more than I should." I sat up again, wincing at the sharp pain in my neck.

At least, I didn't have any class tomorrow. Then a perky chill went through my body. Tomorrow I would get to see the princess again. I couldn't wait for our next meeting. I wished the night would come soon and the sun would rise early.

"Thank you, Kesar." I turned to my handmaiden. "I should take a bath now."

"I help you with a little massaging afterward?" she said. "It might make you sleep well at night, my lady."

I thought it over, but the soreness didn't seem to go away.

"That would be kind of you, Kesar." I nodded with a smile.

After I finished the bath and got changed into my night clothes, I sat on the bed and let Kesar work her magical hands over my aching shoulders.

"Oh dear, this feels wonderful," I breathed. Kesar squeezed gently down my back. She seemed to know where my tense muscles were and eased them with her slow and circular motions. I felt the tension began to ebb away with her touch.

"I pity you greatly, my lady," she said. "The hard work has claimed your nerves."

"Only you understand me, Kesar. Thank you." I smiled and patted her hand. "I think it would be better if I take my shirt off and lie down."

Without much thinking, I undid a few buttons of my shirt then rolled onto my stomach. Kesar was silent for a moment but then she slowly peeled off my undone shirt, exposing my bare skin.

"You can straddle me. I don't mind," I said, completely unaware of anything. Then I frowned when she didn't seem to move.

"But my lady..."

"What's wrong?"

"No, nothing."

At last, Kesar obliged. I felt her weight on my lower half as she gingerly straddled me. She had applied some natural oil on my back, and I felt a cold gooey wetness on my skin. It smelled like fragrant herbs.

"Oh lovely," I murmured with my eyes closed. Kesar wiped the sweet-scented oil over my half-naked body. I smiled at the relaxing sensation. Her thumbs circled over my sore spots wonderfully. At some point, I had to suppress a moan.

She moved her hands lower and lower until she reached my small back. A ticklish feeling stirred around my waist, and I started giggling.

"Oh wait, Kesar, you're tickling me right now," I said, half-laughing. She continued to massage my sensitive spots.

"Did I hurt you, my lady?" she asked in concern.

"No, it's...fine," I said breathily. "Just move back up."

But my voice must have been muffled against the pillow.

"Move where?" Kesar asked, leaning herself forward to hear me. Her movement made her hands press harder on my most ticklish parts.

"Oh, Kesar!" I jumped up and instinctively turned my body over. Kesar lost her balance after my sudden shift of position.

Her body collapsed on top of me.

Her face was inches from mine and it turned rosy red. My breath hitched as her soft body pressed against my bare front.

For a moment, we just stared at each other. My cheeks started to burn. Then to my utter surprise, Kesar learned into me. With my mind still foggy from many changes, I did not think and welcome her lips with my own. I tilted her head to deepen the kiss.

Kesar gasped softly as I shoved my ravenous tongue inside her mouth.

I felt emboldened and let my hand find their ways over Kesar's feminine form, roaming around her soft skin like I was trying to mold her into me. I stroked her smooth fine legs and went further inside her long dress, which was pushed upward when she straddled me.

Kesar whimpered when she felt my hands squeezed her backside. I realized the maiden wore no underclothes. This only fueled my lust. I flipped us over. My mouth refused to disconnect from hers.

The maiden almost choked from the sensation coursing through her. I only broke off to let her breathe. I kissed down her throat with all the fury of my wanton needs.

"My lady..." Kesar moaned when I sucked hard on the crook of her neck and down to her breasts. Her cloth seemed to get in the way. Roughly yanking the wrapping off, I exposed her lovely mounds. My mouth welcomed them with my teeth and tongue. Kesar spread her legs and wrapped them around my waist.

The cold wetness of her femininity against my stomach made me shiver in excitement. But a thought struck me.

Deep down I knew that my mindless action was wrong. Yet my body was taking control as all the stress mounted up. The tension was begging me to be released. I fear it could only be done by this bodily pleasure. Kesar was just what I needed. I wanted her to quench the thirst of my desperation and even the wild longing for the princess.

Somewhere in the front of my mind, the voice screamed at me not to disrespect Kesar. The voice in my head wouldn't leave me alone. Soon I began to listen to the whisper of my conscience.

This was wrong to have my way with someone else just because I couldn't have it with the one I wanted.

With all my might, I pulled myself away from Kesar and got off her as fast as I could. The poor Kennari stared up at me in confusion.

"I'm sorry, Kesar...Please forgive me, I can't do this to you," I said and reclothed myself. Kesar sat up again and quickly covered her nakedness. She tried to hide her gaze from me. I already saw the shame and embarrassment on her face, but lying underneath it all was the hurt.

"Oh, no, no, please! Kesar, I'm so sorry!" I frantically apologized again. "It doesn't mean I did not want you. I...I just don't want to hurt you...please...please forgive me!"

"That is fine, my lady, I understand," Kesar murmured softly back. "I saw the way you looked at the princess, and I just knew it would never be me."

With that said, she rose from the bed and hurried out of the room.