Author's Note

Dear Readers,

This is the end of the first book. The sequel is being written and updated slowly, if you're a new reader, you can find book II on my profile. I hope you enjoyed the journey so far because I had a lot of fun writing it. Thank you for reading my work.

A few things about DOTN:

It's set in a country called Cambodia, where I got the inspiration from. The Indian part of the story is religion, which is Hinduism. My Indian readers often told me I made it sound more interesting and they enjoyed this story because they're familiar with the concept. But I just wrote the story from the perspective of someone who doesn't know about the religion like Nikita's first arrival. Over time, she starts to discover things along the way.

I researched mythology, history, culture, and even language such as name through Wikipedia. I would have around 5-10 taps of wiki pages just to find a detail to use, for example, the scene in the jungle where Nikita has to hunt, all the animals are taken from base-relief found on the temple walls. If you've been reading my works, you would know that I like to blend facts with fiction all the time.

This is the first fantasy story I've ever written, and as a person who hardly ever reads any fantasy books, it's kind of an achievement. It's like someone who does exams without studying. I haven't read Harry Potter books and I need to read them one of these days. Or Lord of the Rings, but boi...I don't have the time and patience. Probably one of the writer's problems.

While writing this, I'm also watching YouTube videos about mop dogs, so it's likely that mop dogs will be in one of my future stories. You see that's how writers get their inspiration, so that's the answer to your question about inspiration.

On writing: I rewrote this story, which is like ironing a wrinkled shirt, there's no change done to the shirt, but fewer wrinkles. I guess that's what I should do to my other stories too. Rewriting old works can make you realize how much you've improved. You see all the cringy phrases you made when you thought they were cool.

I learned to narrate a story in my journal keeping experience during high school. I would write what happened in my day in English and used only the words I knew and realized I could describe anything using simple sentences in a different way.

Poetry is good for you more than you know. I took a college course in poetry and literature, and our professor was a poet, so he always brought famous poems for us to read and asked us to describe how we felt after reading them. It was hard, but it was interesting to be intoned with your emotions through words. And from that, I learned to describe feelings and how to arrange words to invoke emotions.

Okay, I don't want to waste your time reading any more of my blah blah... so now you can head out to read the sequel. I'm writing it slowly because I don't want it to end! lol...jk...good writing takes time, and I want nothing but the best for my readers. I'll see you in another book. :D

With love,

Sveta

PS: The sequel is already finished. It's under the title "Return of the Asuras". Check my profile to add the book! I hope you will enjoy the great showdown between the avatars and the demons. Thank you for supporting my work and please view ads on my books whenever you can :D

PSS: Both books are available in hardcopy and kindle on amazon. Link in the bio!