♡Date♡

Ciara

“Look,” Brittany pointed out the window while I was driving her to her new school. She’s starting Pre-K. “That’s where my daddy lives”

I took a quick glance out the window then back on the road. “That gray house?”

“Yeah,” She replied. “He live with my step-mom”

Damn, we live only a few blocks away from them. No wonder why she was worried that other day. I make a right turn and parked in front of the school. Brittany and I got down from the car and walk inside the school. I dropped her off in front her class.

“You must be Brittany Smith” The lady, who I’m guessing her new teacher, said smiling.

Brittany nodded. “Hi”

The lady look up at me. “Hello, I’m Ms. Pattison” She greeted. She had blond hair and blue eyes. She looked like she was in her 30s.

I shook her hand and smile. “Ciara,”

“You can go in Brittany” She smile sweetly at Brittany.

I kneeled down to her height. “Be good, okay?” 

She grinned and nodded. “Okay,” She kissed my cheek. Aww. “Bye”

I smile. “Bye” I watched her walk inside the classroom. Is this what having a kid feels like? I wonder.  I waved at the lady and walk back outside. I got in my car and drove home.

I didn’t feel like going to school today. So, I stayed home with Ray. I walk inside the house.

“Ray, I’m home!” I yelled.

He jogged downstairs. “So, how was it? Did she cry?”

I shook my head. “No” I walk in the living room and plop down on the couch. Ray sat next to me and opened the TV.

“Chresanto and Tori is coming”

“Chres didn’t go to school? Is it because of me?” I ask.

He shook his head. “No, He told me that since yesterday”

“Oh,”

“Are you friends with Tori?” He ask, looking at me.

“We cool. But, we don’t talk like I talk to Melody and Destiny. I still don’t trust her”  

“Why?”

“Come on, Ray. She bullied me. You never know what she can do. Maybe, she’s planning something with Justice.”

“Now, you’re being dramatic” He chuckle.

I shrug. “You never know”

Few minutes later, the front door opened. Chres came in. I’m actually glad he’s here.

“Yo, where’s Tori?” Ray ask, as they do their little handshake.

“Was I supposed to come with her?” He ask. He sat down next to me and kissed my cheeks.

“I thought she was coming with you” Ray took out his phone and started texting, who I’m guessing, Tori.

“I didn’t even see her” Chres grab the remote and changed the channel from VH1 to BET.

“Hey! I was watching that” I was watching Basketball wives. He changed it to BET where they were giving Coming to America.

“I love you too” He smiled at me. I couldn’t help but smile back. His smile is contagious.

“I’ll be right back. Imma go pick up Tori” Ray said. “Don’t do anything that you’ll regret”

My eyes grew wide. Chresanto chuckled and said “Man, shut up”

Ray laughed. “I’ll be back” He went out the door.

Chres turned and look at me. He grin. “I wanna take you out tonight” Chresanto took me out before. But, they were just simple dates. This one sounds like a fancy, expensive date.

“Where?”

“Don’t worry about it,” He said smirking, before focusing back to the movie.

I roll my eyes playfully. You have no idea how much I hate surprises. “Do I have to dress fancy?”

He shrugged. “Dress formal”

“Okay,” I lay down on the couch. I put my legs on his lap. I close my eyes.

“You going to sleep?” Chres ask.

I nodded. I’m guessing he lowered the volume, because it’s as high as it was. I soon drift off to sleep.

“Where is she?” I ask the lady.

“Her parents picked her up early” The lady said, adjusting her glasses. She look up at me. “For a doctor’s appointment”

“Doctor’s appointment?” I furrowed my eyebrows. “What doctor’s appointment?”

“I don’t know, dear”

I ran my hand through my hair and bit my lip. “What parents? Was it a she or a he?”

“It was two. They look like they were married”

“Are there last names Smith?”

“I don’t know, ma’am”

“Didn’t they sign a paper for her to go?”

She land me a paper. “The signature is not even familiar” I mumble to myself.

“Excuse me?”

“Oh, nothing.” I gave her the paper back. “Thanks. I have to go”

“Have a good afternoon!” She said.

It sure won’t be a good afternoon. I got in my car and started driving. I parked my car in the driveway. I push the door open with all my force. I gasp. The sight was terrifying.

“Oh my gosh,” Tears started rushing down my face. I cover my mouth. He looked up at me.   

“Another step and she’s gone”

I woke up, breathing heavily. I look around and Chres was looking at me. “You okay?”

“Yeah, I’m fine” I was so confused. What was that about? “What time is it?”

“3:15” He look up from his phone.

“Can you come with me to go get Brittany?”

“Yeah,” He closed to TV and stood up. We got out the house and locked the door. We got into the car. He drove to Brittany’s school.

“I’m here for Brittany Smith” I told the guy who was sitting on the front desk. He nodded and picked the phone and call- who I’m guessing Ms. Pattison’s classroom.

“Send Brittany Smith to the office. She’s going home” He said, before hanging up.

1 Minute later, Brittany came in the office. She had a poster of a drawing in her hands. We waved at the guy and left. When we got home, Tori and Ray was home. Chres went in the living room as I went in kitchen so I can make something for Brittany to eat. She was talking to Chres.

“What is that?” Chres ask, pointing at the poster.

“It’s a drawing I did” She said. It was a drawing of a bunch of…people. That’s what it looks like. She started pointing. “This Ciara, me, you, and Ray”

“Aww, That’s so cute” Tori said.

“I’ll hang it up in our room if you want” I said, walking in the living room. I gave her a plate with two sandwiches. She nodded. “Go sit on the table so you won’t make a mess” She did what I said.

I sat on Chres’ lap. “What time we going?”

“Around 8:30”

“Going where?” Ray ask.

“On a date,” Chres replied.

“Where exactly?”

I chuckle. “If he won’t tell me, you think he’s gonna tell you”

“Well, we’re going bowling tonight” Tori said, ecstatically.

I made a fake somber face. “Aw, really?” I pout. “I’ve always wanted to go bowling”

“You’ve never gone bowling before?” She ask.

I shook my head. “I lived with my grandma. I had to go work early in the morning and came back home late at night. I didn’t have for time that”

“Why don’t you work there anymore?” Chres ask.

“I supposedly poisoned somebody. But, it was palpable that it was fake and the guy who owns the restaurant didn’t seem to notice. So, he fired me” I explained.

“If you want another job, you can work with me” Tori suggested.

Now that she brought it up, I really do need a job. “Where you work at?”

“I work at Forever 21”

I nodded. “I’ll think about it”

He look down at his phone. “You may wanna go get ready” Chres said.

I look down at my phone- 6:45 PM. “It’s only 6:45”

“Girls take more than 2 hours to get ready for something like this and it’s only 6:45” He had a point there…

“Do you want any help with your make up or hair, maybe?” Tori ask.

“Yeah, come with me” She followed me to my room. Brittany was lying on the bed watching Sophia The First.

“I’ll go take a quick shower” I told Tori and she just nodded. I walk in the bathroom and took a shower. I also washed my hair. When I was done, I put on some lotion and wrap myself in a towel and went back to my room.

“I wanna straight my hair, can you help me?” I ask Tori, who was now looking at me.

“Of course,” She said before we walked back to the bathroom.

She blow dried my hair. Then, she started straitening them. It’s been a while since I straighten my hair. I mostly leave it naturally curled. Few minutes later, when she was done, she started putting on my makeup.

I look at myself in the mirror. I gasp. I look so cute! “Damn girl, you sure do know how to make a girl look pretty! Thanks, I love it!”

“No problem” She gave me my dress. “Put it on, you don’t have much time left.”

I took it from her. She walked out the bathroom and closed the door behind her. I put my dress on carefully. I slip on my heels. I walk out the bathroom. Brittany gasp.

“You look so pretty!” She exclaimed.

“Aw, thanks” I kissed her cheeks. I look at Tori. “Thank you very much”

“You welcome” She smile.

I look down at my phone- 8:15. “I’ll be back later, Brittany. You can go bowling with Ray and Tori”

She nodded. “Okay”

I walk out of the room, followed by Tori. “Lemme go first” I nodded and she walk in front of me. She walk down the stairs.

“Where’s Ciara?” I heard Chresanto ask.

“Ciara, come downstairs!” She shout. I don’t know, but I’m so nervous. I carefully walked down the stairs.

Chres whistled and grabbed my hand. “You look beautiful” He whispered in my ear.

I smile. “You look handsome”

“Okay, picture time” Tori said.

Chres put his arm around my waist. We smiled as Tori took the picture. We did different poses. Tori kept taking pictures.

Chres turned and looked at me. “Shall we?” He smirk. He put his hand out.

I smile and grabbed it. “We shall,”

As soon as we were about to walk out the door, Ray stopped us. “Be back at 9:30”

“Nigga, It’s about to about to be 8:20 and we didn’t even walk out to door yet” I said.

He laughed. “Chill, I was joking. You two have fun”

I giggle. “Bye. Have fun bowling”

We walk out the door. Chres open the passenger door for me. I got in and watched him go around the car. He got in the driver’s seat and backed out of the drive way to the rode.

“Can you at least give me a hint where we going? I really hate surprises.”

“It will totally ruined the date and I tell you”

I cross my arms and pout. We’ve been driving for what felt like 30 minutes. Chres parked somewhere. I still have no idea where we are. He got down the car and came to my side. He opened to door for me.

“You might wanna take your heels off”

“Why?” He grabbed my hands and helped me down the car. I felt sand underneath my feet.

“That’s why,” He finally answered.

I took my heels off. “Chres, why we at the beach?”

“You’ll see,”

“See what?” I ask, impatiently.

“Close your eyes”

“Why?”

“Just close it”

I sigh before closing my eyes. He took my hand and we started walking.

“You know this is the first time I’ve been to an actual date” I said, with my eyes still closed.

“Really?” He asked, obviously surprised. “So, that means you’ve never had a boyfriend before?”

I sigh. “I have. But, they were never…real”

“Open your eyes” He said.

I flutter my eyes open. I gasp in awe. “Oh my…Chres…”

“You like it?” He asked, smiling.

It was a table with a white cloth on it, a flower bouquet in the middle, drinks. The best thing is that it was all surrounded by lit candles. It was a candle lit dinner on the beach type of date. “I love it!”

“I knew you would” He wrap his arms around my waist from behind me.

“When did you do all this?” I ask, softly.

“Don’t worry about it,” He whispered in my ear. He pulled the chair out for me. I took a sit as he pushed it forward. He took a sit in front of me.

“This is truly beautiful, Chres”

“It’s not as beautiful as you” He smile.

I blushed. I look down at my palms. Then, my wrists. I still had those cutting marks. “You know, I never thought I would make it this far”

“What do you mean?” He ask.

“Nobody liked me. My plan was to pretty much jump off a cliff one day”

“Well, you have us now. We love you. You better not be thinking of doing it now” He lean towards me. “I can’t live without you”

I smile. “Of course I’m not. I just started thinking back to the days I use to cut myself”

“You better not do that again”

I giggle. “Yes, daddy

He chuckle. “Why did you do that anyway? I don’t see how did it help through the pain you went through”

“I don’t know…It just did”

“Are you ready to eat?” He ask.

“There’s food?”

“Of course, there are”

Out of completely nowhere, this guy came in with our food and drinks. We started eating. “Who was that?”

“That was Tyler. He helped me set this whole thing up. He even made the food.”

“Where did he come from?” I look around. “I don’t see any beach house around here”

“Turn around” He said before I turned around.

“Oh,” I looked at it in awe. “That’s a beautiful beach house.”

After that, we ate our food. When we were done, the same guy from earlier came and got our empty plates and glasses.

“Thanks a lot, bro” Chres said, dapping him.

He chuckle. “No problem, man” He went back to the beach house.

Chres turn his full attention to me. “Take a walk with me”

“Okay,” I smile. I stood up and he interlocked our hands. We started walking along by the beach. “This is the best date I’ve ever been to”

“I was hoping you’d said that”

“My past boyfriends never took me to dates”

“You said it yourself, they weren’t real” He stopped walking and I did the same.

I smile. “I love you”

He leaned down and passionately kissed my lips. I caressed his cheeks and kissed him back. He pulled me closer by my waist and deepens the kiss. He pulled away.

“I love you too”   

The picture of what their date looked like is on the side >