♡How My Prom Went♡

Ciara

I’ve been single for 2 months. He never talked to me. He never looked at me. He never texted and called me. Every time he sees me, he just walks away or something. Honestly, I really hate it when he does that. But, I basically told him to act like I don’t exist, right?

Prom is this Saturday. I don’t even know if I wanna go anymore. But, that would be lame to not have fun with your friends on the last year of your school. Dani was gonna make me go anyway.

I sat on the island, going through my phone. I’m trynna look for prom dresses. Ray took a seat in front of me and Brittany sat beside me. I look up, taking a glance at Ray. “It’s killing me”

 He nodded. “I can tell,”

“Is he over me?” My face softened.

“I don’t know. He acts like it. He ignored you for two months, he probably is”

“It’s harder than I thought it would be” I mumbled.

“Who you going to prom with?” He ask, taking his phone out.

I shrugged. “I’m going by myself.”

“Why don’t you go with your friend?” He ask, looking at me.

“Who? Chris?” I ask and he nodded. “He didn’t ask me”

Ray looked at Brittany. “We should buy her a puppy or something, so she won’t be lonely when we’re gone”

I nodded.   “Yeah,”

Brittany look down.  “I don’t want you guys to leave me.”

“I’m sorry,” I said, running my hand through her hair. “We’re gonna have to” She nodded before going upstairs.

Ray look down at his phone. “They’re coming over”

“Is Chres coming?” I ask.

He nodded. “They’re actually gonna be here in like 2 minutes”

I lay my head on the table. “Are the girls coming?” I ask, lifting my head back up.

“I’m not sure,”

I groan. I kept going through my phone for the next few minutes when the door came in and the boys walked in. I got up and looked at Ray. “I’m going upstairs”

Ray laughed and I quickly jogged up the stairs. I walk in my room and looked at Brittany, who was playing on my laptop. I closed the door and sigh.

“Wanna go shopping?” I ask her, I don’t know how long I can stay here. She nodded. It’s been a while since I took her shopping. “Put your shoes on”

She got down from the bed and put on her shoes. I grab my keys and we walk downstairs. She quickly ran to Chresanto and gave him a hug.

“I see you don’t holla at people no mo’ ” Jacob said, looking at me.

I laughed. I walk up to him and gave him and Craig a hug. I look at Chresanto who was still talking to Brittany. I’m glad he was still talking to her, ‘cause that would’ve been awkward. Brittany turned back to me. “Well, um, we’re going shopping. We’ll be back later”

“Buy me something!” Craig shouted before we walk out the door.

I chuckled and shook my head. We got in the car and I drove to the mall. When we got there, we started walking around. We walk in random stores. We bought a few clothes and shoes. We walk into a store with a lot prom dresses. My eyes were drowned to a long black dress. It was beautiful.

I walk up to it and looked at the price tag; $420? Oh hell naw. I don’t even have enough money. I lift my hand up and touched the dress. I really want it. But, I guess, you can’t have everything, right?

“Not enough money?” Somebody ask behind me.

“Uh?” I ask, before turning around. I raised my eyebrows, surprised at who it was. “Well, hello there”

He smiled. “I think this dress would look good on you”

“I don’t have enough money. Its $420”

“I’ll buy it for you,” He smirked.

My eyes grew wide. “No, no, no.” I said, shaking my hand. “Sean, it’s expensive. And you don’t want to spend your money on me. I’m sure there are more important things you can spend it on”

He took the dress off the high rack. “Come on, I’ll buy it for you.” He walked towards me and whispered in my ear. “Anything for a beautiful girl”

I started blushing. I don’t really like when boys are spending money on me. Especially, when the thing is past $50. But, I guess, Sean’s not gonna let me leave without the dress. “You are just like Chresanto” I chuckled.

He laughed and shook his head. “What happened to you two?”

I shrugged. “He cheated on me with justice”

“Justice?” He ask. “Domingo?”

I nodded and look away. “Yeah,” Out of all people.

He ended up buying the dress for me; after I literally begged him not to. I bought some jewelries and hair accessories. When Brittany and I were done, he walked us to my car. Brittany got in the back seat, looking in the bags. I leaned against the driver’s door. “Um, thanks”

“It was nothing,” He smiled, grabbing my hand.

I look down and looked back up at him, not sure what to do. Next thing I know, he crashed his lips against mine. I kissed him back. I’m kissing my ex-boyfriend’s brother. I wrap my arms around his neck and he wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer. His hand traveled down to my ass and he squeezed it. I gasp. He just slipped his tongue in my mouth. Then, we started making out…in a parking lot. He pulled away, biting my bottom lip.

I blushed. “I-I have to g-go” Why am I stuttering?

He smirked, like he had just accomplished something. “I’m hoping to see you more often,”

“Sure,” I retorted.

He pecked me on my lips. “See you later,” He smiled before walking to his car.

I touched my lips. I sigh before getting in the car. “Sorry about that, Brittany. It’s just…”

“It’s okay.”She smiled and then frowned. “Is that your new boyfriend?”

I shook my head. “N-no. He’s just a friend”

“Then, why were you kissing him?” She ask. “Friends don’t kiss”

How does she know all that stuff? “I don’t know. He’s 22 anyways” I just realized what I said. A 17 year –old girl and a 22 year-old boy kissing? Isn’t that rape? I chuckle to myself, just thinking that. I’m turning 18 in a couple of days anyway.

I turned and parked in the driveway. I helped Brittany with the bags. We walk in the house and they were still here. We dropped the bags in my room and went back downstairs. I walk in the kitchen, looking in the fridge for something to eat. I took out the cheese and the ham to make a sandwich. I turned around and my heart skipped a beat when I saw Chresanto leaning against the counter, drinking a juice.

The thing is that I needed to go to the counter and make the sandwich.  “‘xcuse me,” I said, looking at him. He moved out of the way and I walked toward the counter. I turned around and stared at him. He looked at me, raising his eyebrows at me.

“What?” He sounded like he was annoyed.

I quickly turned back around. “S-sorry”

“Why are you apologizing?” He ask, coming next to me.

My heart starting racing. “I-I thought…nevermind”

He chuckled. “You don’t have to be nervous around me, Ciara” He said. “We broke up 2 months ago. Unless, you still have feelings for me”

I turned and faced him. “I’m over you, Chres.” Why did I have to lie? I’m sure everybody knows I still have feelings for this boy. I’m sure he noticed.

He shrugged. “I’m over you too,” I felt my heart sunk in my stomach. He walked out of the kitchen.

My phone vibrated. I took it out of my back pocket and read the message Ray just sent me.

“Are you, really?” -Ray

I look up from the text and I looked at the living room. The living room was close to the kitchen. I’m not surprised he heard us talking. I look back down at my phone not knowing what to text back.

“No. But, I made out with his brother today /.\–Ciara

Ray came in the kitchen, seconds later I sent that message. “Rephrase that.” He said, raising a ‘brow.

“We made out in the parking lot” I said.

“He’s 22, Ciara” He reminded me.

“I know. I just couldn’t help but kiss him back” I shrugged.

“Do you know why?” He raised his eyebrows again at me.

“I just kissed him back. There’s no explanation”

“You kissed him because he reminded you of Chresanto. You miss him, don’t you?” His face expression softened. I felt tears forming in my eyes. I nodded. He pulled me into a hug. “You two will get back together, eventually. You guys love each other too much”

“He said, he don’t have feeling for me no more” I pulled away from the hug.

“Do you actually believe that?”

“I’m gonna make it wavy, Ciara. Chill.” Tori said to me, as she was straightening my hair. Tonight is Prom night. Nobody asked me, but, I don’t really care. I’m going to have fun. It starts in 30 minutes. I was done with everything, expect for my hair. I decided to straight it in the last minute. Tori offered to do it for me; since she can do it faster. But, now, she said she was gonna make it wavy.

I stayed tranquil and let her finish with my hair. I was freaking out because I thought we weren’t gonna have time. When she was done, I got up from the chair looked at myself in the mirror. I smile. “Thanks”

She smile and nodded. “Now, hurry up and put your shoes on” She was wearing a crème sparkly dress, curly hair, and crème heels. She looked so pretty.

I put on my black heels and we head downstairs. Chresanto wasn’t here. Everybody paired up with their boyfriends and girlfriends and I’m just standing here like…

My mom started taking pictures. We left when the limo pulled up. The limo driver drove us to where the prom was being held at. We got down and we were immediately getting stared at. My friends were smiling and shit. I’m just trailing in the back with my purse in my hand. We walked in the building and we got separated.

I stood in the middle of the crowd, looking around. I sigh and turned around. I walk outside and sat on this fancy bench. I looked at the water fountain that was flowing up in the air and falling back on the ground.

I saw a shadow in front of me. I look up and smiled at Chris. He sat next to me. “Why aren’t you inside dancing?”

“With who? My friends left me”

He got up and held his hand out. “Dance with me,”

I smile and took his hand. We walk back inside and we starting dancing at the slow song that was playing. Chris and I danced at every song that came on. I excused myself and went to the bathroom.

“Hello, Ciara” Justice said behind me.

I rolled my eyes and turned around. “What do you want, Justice? Chresanto is single. You can have him now”

Justice smirked. “I know. I just need to get one thing off my list and I’ll leave you alone”

I raised a brow. “And that one thing is?”

She smirked, again. “Beat your ass.” I laughed sarcastically. “Mariah! Diamond!”

Two girls came in the bathroom. I knew they were gonna jump me or worst. My plan was to run out of the bathroom. Right when I was about to do that, one of the girls yanked me back by my hair. I wanted to scream but one of them covered my mouth. Then, they just started beating the life out me.

I was crying, weak, in pain, and numb. After they were done, Mariah and Diamond left; leaving Justice and I. “Just kill me, Justice” I was on the floor in pain. They could’ve just killed me.

She didn’t say anything. She just kicked me in my face hard. I screamed. I quickly cover my face with palms. She just left without saying a word.

I grab my phone out of my purse and called the limo driver. I struggled to get up. I went in front of the mirror and stared at my face. I had a black eye, I had a bruise on my cheek and my arms. Twice. This had happened twice. It was Brittany’s dad, now her.

I quickly went outside to the limo, avoiding Chris, Ray, and Dani calling after me. I didn’t want them to see me. I got inside the limo and told the driver to drive me home.

When I got there, I went to my room. Brittany was out with dad. I cried myself to sleep.

“Turn around, Ciara” Ray said, in a demanding tone. He’s been telling me that for the past few minutes. I wouldn’t listen. I woke up this morning and did my morning hygiene. I got hungry. So, I went downstairs to get a granola bar. Ray got down and I didn’t wanna face him. So, that explains why he kept asking me to turn around.

I cover my face with my hand and turn around. “What?” I can tell he was getting irritated. I uncover my face and looked at him.

He was shocked. “What happened to you?”

I shook my head. “Nothing. Don’t worry about it.” I was about to walk away when he pulled me back by my wrist.

“Ciara, who did this to you?” He said, looking at me dead in my eyes.

I knew I couldn’t lie to Ray. “Justice and her friends”

“What happened?” He let go of my wrist.

“I went to the bathroom and they jumped me”

He pinched the bridge of his nose. “This has got to stop”

“It is. She have Chresanto now and she “beat” my ass. She’s done with me”

“Okay, whatever you say.” He said. “Let go to the pet store”

“Why?” I furrowed my eyebrows.

“So we can buy Brittany a puppy”

I raised my eyebrows. “Yo, do you see my face? I’m not going out there”

He shrugged. “Put makeup over it”

“I’ll try. But, if it don’t cover this black eye, I’m not going” I retorted.

“Even if it don’t, you’re gonna have to go to school on Monday”

I groan before jogging up the stairs. I put some foundation on my face and a few other makeup products. I looked at my face in the mirror. “Oh my God…” I said to myself. I look so different. I don’t look like myself at all. My face looks like a doll’s face. I’m not use to wear all that makeup. I walk back downstairs.

“I look like a fucking doll,” I whined, when Ray looked at me.

He shrugged, putting a strawberry in his mouth. “At least your black eye and bruises are not showing”

We went to the pet store and bought two teacup yorkies. I think both of them are females. But, one is for Brittany and the other one is for me when I go to Florida. I wanna have company. We payed for it and bought dog foods and stuff. We drove back home.

“We’re here!” I shouted when we walked in the house with the little puppies. Brittany was in the living room with the others. Her eyes lit up when she saw the dogs. She picked the one she wanted and I took the other one. They were both cute so it didn’t really matter. “What are you naming her?”

“Um,” She said, thinking. “Skittlez!” Her eyes lit up again.

 I nodded. “That’s cute! I'm naming mine Ally ”

Ray chuckled. "Ally?"

I smiled and look down at the adorable puppy. "Yeah,"

“Why would you make out with his brother?” Chris ask, looking at me like I’m crazy. “Do you like him?”

“I don’t know if I like him or not, Chris” I said, running a hand through my straight hair. We were at starbucks, just drinking some coffee. “We only kissed once.”

He took a sip from his coffee. “You have plans Saturday night?”

I raised my eyebrows at him. “Why?”

He shrugged. “I wanna take you out,”

“On a date?”

“Yeah. So, do you have any plans?”

What’s on Saturday? “No. I guess I could go on a date with you”

“Saturday night, at 6:00”

 This is just a picture of what the dogs looked like. Cute, right?