Feeling Peckish

• Dedicated to Daisy-Mae

Feeling Peckish

Don't be fooled by the humans saying "don't play with your food". Everything tastes better after you have scratched it, stamped on it and moved it around the floor.

Try to tip the food container over by jumping on it, that way the humans will have to refill the food more often.

Use your water container as a paddling pool. It's refreshing for your feet in summer and the humans will love constantly filling up the water again.

Tip over water container up if you can; the moist soil underneath it will attract small worms to the surface to snack on.

Sometimes the humans will offer you grit to eat. Don't be alarmed; it's just like their muesli, and it's great for your digestive system.

Slugs are tasty but beware of those really big ones; try not to get them stuck in your throat.

The humans should also give you the occasional snail. They think snails are a delicacy and spend a fortune on them, now they are giving you one. The snail comes fully gift wrapped. Just make sure you take the hard shell of before you start tucking it.

Humans love to have meals together, but you can do one better and dine off each others. Take their food as they are about to eat it.

Always dive into your coop/shed if the humans are trying to clean it out, as they unearth all sorts of lovely treats for you to enjoy in all the old bedding. You can assist them by eating any flies and mites that are still clinging to your bedding.