Pullet Power

• Dedicated to Daisy-Mae

Pullet Power

A pullet is a young hen. This is the time when you are at your most beautiful. You must work at it to stay looking young, as some male humans are always looking for younger, more beautiful birds.

Human females put mud on their faces to keep them looking young and beautiful. They wash it off, but you don't have to. Take a regular dust bath to remove any bugs that have been there for a while. You can eat them afterwards and the humans will envy you because you can dine and bathe at the same time.

Small humans may have to see the nit nurse. For some strange reason they are horrified by this. You can elect a nit nurse from your flock, or do it on a rota basis to inspect and eat whatever you find.

Small humans may have a sandpit in the garden. You can have a really good makeover here; there is not much to eat, but have a good scratch around. The sand under your feet will act like a pumice stone.

Humans have to wear water-proof coats when it rains, but you don't, as your feathers have a waterproof coating. It will do the human/s good if, they too could experience the great feeling of rain on their skin. You can help them do this by escaping the minute they are caught in a thunderstorm. They will be grateful for the exercise and the wash.

Sunlight is good for you. Humans are obsessed with getting a tan. You are far to superior for such need. But But if you streatch your wings out in the sunshine, it will be of benifit to you. The vitamin D helps with your egg-laying and you can eat the toasted fly that has been stuck behind your wing as an late afternoon treat.