Why do you write blues

So, how many of you have been asked the question "Why do you write?"

I have. Multipul times. And honestly, the answer that first pops into my head is definitely not what I slap down of the comment.

Answer I first think of:  I don't know! I just like to, isn't that enough?!?!

Yeah, really calm and professional, isn't it?

I mean, I say I write because I like to. Nothing special. I just like to think too much and random stories pop into my head from time to time, in which I have recently begun to write down.

I can't say that I don't care if I'm noticed it not. I mean, come on. If you are reading this, then you are on a website. If you are on the website, you have more than likely written your own story--if not that then you have at least commented or voted on something once. If you've done any of those things, you've been noticed. Whenever someone votes on your book, or your read count jumps up one more read, you get the rush of adrenaline that goes along with it.

If you have done anything on here, you've been noticed. Especially if you've published a book. I mean, if you didn't care if anyone saw it, then why did you post it on a SOCIAL MEDIA SITE? If you didn't care, then you wouldn't have posted it.

I'm not calling anyone out. In fact, I'm basically telling myself this, because I do the same thing.

Who you write for is a completely different story.  You can write for yourself, or you can write for others.

Me? I'm somewhere in between the two. I write for me in the way that I'm scared I may go crazy with all the ideas bundled up inside me. I write for others because I want to see what people think of my stories. The fact that I get votes and reads and comments also helps. Makes me feel good.

I like this in between stage. I want to write for myself, but knowing what others think is always good. I don't want to write for others, because as soon as I'm pressured into writing for someone else, I stop. It's not the other people. It's just me. That's how I've always been.

Some people work better with one or the other. Hey, what works works.

I've gotten off track.

So, this is my answer to the question of "why do you write".

I like to.

It's that simple.

I never put it down in comments. You get all these people with HUGE reasons for writing, all of them beautiful.

Me? I like to.

Honestly, I had no plans to begin writing when I downloaded this app. Or found the website. I got an account because I was looking for books to read for free. Seriously. I googled "free books" and this showed up. It was all by chance.

I started to write because, hey, there's something I could write on.

I currently have no plans on being "famous". I don't want to be the next J.K. Rowling or Rick Riordan. I don't think I want to be a published author as a job. Maybe eventually I might, but that'll be after I have a full-time job.

So why am I on here? Why do I do this?

Because I simply like to. The "like" is slowly morphing into something stronger. Soon, I may love to write.

But right now, I just really like to.

Noa.