I want to do this

If anyone cares anymore, I'm talking a few scenes that classify as spoilers for the Fullmetal Alchemist series. Names will be pointed and fingers will be named. 

I've been watching the original version of Fullmetal Alchemist, and I got to the scene.

There is more than one scene, really, so the scenes. 

Those of you who have seen this show, read the manga, keep up with the memes or story, you know what I'm talking about. They are the two most heart-breaking moments in the series, if not all anime (although my anime knowledge isn't huge). 

Yeah. First comes Nina, Alexander, and Mr. Sewing Life Alchemist *growls*, and after that is the one that really gets me, Maes Hughes. 

I'm sure at this point you're slightly worried about how the name of this word-barf relates to a dirtbag  who does a horrible thing and a death that threatens the waterworks. No, I don't want to be able to perform alchemy or mash people together. Rather not. People don't like it when that happens. 

I'm talking about the writing. 

In the series, the first major punch to the gut they give you is a torture and death of a little girl named Nina and her dog, Alexander. There are a few tweaks to the timeline in the original anime compared to the manga and Brotherhood, but the story remains the name.  You wind up getting extremely attached to Nina and Alexander throughout the chapters/episodes/minutes due to the dog's joy of jumping on Ed and Al (the main characters of the series) and Nina always wanting to play. 

Nina's father, Shou Tucker, needs to pass an alchemy test in order to keep the job he has. He specializes in creating "life," by combining creatures with other creatures and his research on the topic. Ed and Al leave for the day, he is threatened with his position going up in flames, and he decides to turn his daughter and dog into a chimera. Not only does this happen, but he has no regret over it and did it to his wife years before. 

When I read the manga for the first time, I kid you not, I literally went from laughing at the previous few pages to slamming the book shut and trying not to cry

When I read the manga for the first time, I kid you not, I literally went from laughing at the previous few pages to slamming the book shut and trying not to cry. It was in a snap.