When Snow Falls

Lookit what I MADE!

Lookit what I MADE!

I am just so dang happy with this. It's actually what I had in mind for the cover.

I mean, there was no hair, originally. Then, I had to find the right brushes on Pixlr to make it look like snow and not a volcano.

Oh, yeah. Cover. That means it needs a summary. Duh.

_______

The kingdom Dulcia has fallen.

Dark creatures have invaded the palace, inslaving all those who work there.

The royal family--the only ones able to stop the creatures--have vanished into oblivion. No one has seen or heard from them since the fall.

There are rumors. Rumors that they escaped the castle, rumors that they are assembling an army to fight the creatures known as Muraes.

Only one thing is for certain. No one knows where they went, nor do they know if they will come back.

_______________________________________

Every year, Clair's family goes to the king of Arium's palace for of the most lavish Christmas party imaginable. They meet family, old friends, new acquaininces--anyone they possibly can.

Clair never enjoys the huge parties. She prefers to be by herself, drawing or dancing.

Until, one year, everything changes.

Presented with the most beautiful gift she could possibly imagine, Clair is filled with joy. She clings to her wooden doll with her life, never letting go. When she wakes up one night and it is gone, she panics, searching for it.

Only to find a hideous creature.

When she is rescued by the same doll she loved, Clair is suddenly swept up into a world of magic, lost kingdoms, and lost royalty.

But she is also in the world ruled by darkness.
_______________________________________

"When snow falls, the kingdom dies. Light will leave, Dark will rise.

It can only be stopped by treasure as pure as gold, as light as air, but strong and bold.

Only then will the leader rise, out from ashes and hidden from prying eyes."

*****

A retelling of The Nutcracker.