Chapter Fourteen - For You

Jax

After her long story, Rin fell fast asleep, curling into my side as she snored softly. I had drifted off too, and I woke up around noon the next day. I ran my hand through her soft blonde hair, making her purr to my delight in her sleep.

I slid off of the bed, replacing the empty space where my body was with a pillow, and snuck into the kitchen. I wanted to make her a nice breakfast; eggs, bacon, blueberry pancakes, and orange juice. After Rin spilled her guts I felt a little mellow and I wanted to cheer her up. Her mother was a complete bitch and if I ever saw her again I would slap the mess out of her.

How could she do something so terrible to her own daughter? It was inexplicable, and should never be forgiven. I puffed out my cheeks, mildly irritated just thinking about Lucille, before I realized there were no eggs and no blueberries.

Sighing, I ran to go take a quick shower. I threw on black leggings, a white v-neck, and some black and white tennis shoes. It was just a quick grocery store run, so there was no need to look fancy. Throwing my hair up in a ponytail, I kissed a sleeping Rin on the forehead as goodbye and darted out the front door.

Humming along to Heat of the Moment by Asia, I stopped the car and walked inside, ignoring the hungry glances of boys that needed to discover porn and hook up with that instead. If you didn't have blonde hair, a bitch mother, and a name spelled R-I-N, I wasn't interested.

Hell, if you weren't even a girl I wasn't interested.

Marching up and down the aisles, I giggled lightly to myself. I felt like a shopping mom, on the mission for her wife. I couldn't resist grabbing some Nutella and some vanilla ice cream, along with this perfume that just spelled so good. Oh and I also grabbed this lotion that promised clear skin overnight? Yeah, there was a reason Rin did the shopping and I stayed at home.

I brushed past someone's shoulder, and I mumbled a quick sorry before I continued. Whoever I bumped into snorted and grabbed my wrist.

"Well if it isn't the fag dating my daughter."

I stiffened, and slowly turned around. Why was she here? And why was she near me?

Lucille's face was one of stone cold anger, barely contained fury simmering under the surface of a mask that spelled false surprise. Her lips were blood red, and her eyes were pinned on me, as though she was trying to kill me just by a glance.

"Well if it isn't the bitch that birthed Rin," I retorted. "And, not that it matters, we're not dating. We're best friends."

Lucille looked a little rattled at that. I guess she thought we were actually dating, but even though it pains me to say, we're not.

"Whatever. You're still around her, and that's bad enough. She's just a slut," she spat.

"Says the whore." I clenched my fists on the cart to keep from bitchslapping her in the middle of the store. "Why can't you just be happy for her? She got away from something terrible, she managed to do something with her life. Though the same can't be said for you, you should still be proud if you're really her mother. If she felt bad already, her mother feeling bad about her won't help at all. All you think about is yourself, which is pathetic, considering Rin thinks about everyone but herself."

Lucille was silent, before she fixed me with such an intense stare it made my blood run cold. "So she didn't tell you what happened to me because of her? Her disobedience ruined my life! It ruined everything! We could have lived in a nice house with nice clothes and-"