Chapter Fifteen - Us

Rin

I paced the room, wringing my hands together as Jax typed calmly on the keyboard of her computer. So what? Were we...dating now? What do I do?

Jax sighed and I jumped. Turning to me, she smiled. "Come here."

I didn't want to rush too fast or seem overly eager, but I bit my lip as I walked to where she was. Why was I so shy all of a sudden?

Jax leaned forward and slid her arms around my waist, raising goosebumps on my skin. She pulled me onto her lap so I straddled her legs and kissed me gently on the lips. "What's wrong?" she murmured.

I shook my head. "Nothin'. How's that coming along?"

She chuckled. "I'm working on it. Would you be sad if I couldn't figure out who it was?"

I nodded. "I would."

She bopped my nose. "Well we can't have that, can we?" I went to move and she pulled me back, her left arm fitted around my waist as she used her right hand to type.

"So, we're dating right?" I asked for what felt like the millionth time, but to my relief Jax didn't seem annoyed.

"Yes we are." She kissed the space in between my shoulder blades, which happened to be exposed from my yellow tank top.

We sat in silence, and I linked my hand in hers, playing with it quietly. Jax let out a groan of frustration. "This damned hacker..." She grumbled, and dropped her head on my back. "I'll keep trying but I don't know if I can. Why don't you invite Evan and Caleb over? They can keep us company and distract me from my virtual pain."

I hesitated before kissing her quickly on the cheek with a pink face. "Okay. Have you had breakfast?"

Grinning, she kissed my lips again. "You are my breakfast."

Rolling my eyes, I stood. "If I'm your breakfast you're about to starve. I'll call Evan and Caleb and then cook. Good luck."

"Thanks babe!" She replied cheerily, before turning her eyes back onto the screen.

Huffing, I sent Evan a quick text and got started on breakfast. Carrying two plates I returned to Jax, who was watching videos on YouTube. I cleared my throat and she jumped.

"Really?" I asked incredulously, and Jax pouted.

"I got bored," she whined, and grabbed my plate from me. "I'll finish it later, why don't we go watch some TV, hmm?"

I glared at her, but I still let her pull me into the living room. Curling into her side I kept my eyes glued on the TV even though I was more focused on her warmth and the feel of her body next to mine.

Why am I so awkward?

After a few episodes of South Park, Jax set her plate down and swung me into her lap again, holding me against her chest. Linking my hands behind her neck, I looked at her curiously.

"What are you doing?" I asked, and she responded by nuzzling my nose with hers affectionately. I fought the urge to twitch or blush. It was still odd to me, going from little to no physical contact with anyone to snuggling and random shows of care and love.

Jax shrugged. "I just like sitting like this. Does it bother you? We can stop."

My face warming, I buried it in the space between her shoulder and her chin. "No, I'll stay right here."

"Alrighty then," she murmured, and began rocking gently side to side.

"Hey Jax?" I began, my voice muffled in the fabric of her sweatshirt. "Why do you like me?"