Chapter Eighteen {Mirrored}

"Can you slow down a bit, please?"

I pressed my hands against my forehead as if it would stop the growing ache. What had originally been a small and blurry bit of my vision had developed and spread to my head. I winced as she only accelerated. Did she understand what I asked?

"Damn it," I heard. "What's your view on apologies?"

I massaged my temples as I slouched into the torn leather seat. There wasn't a headrest behind me and I felt like crying as the ache increased further. Instead of responding properly, a small noise of discomfort passed through my lips.

"Sorry for this."

Abruptly, the ache in my head lessened. I warily peeled open my eyes and shot up, hitting my head against the roof and falling back down again. I groaned before looking around. "No way."

Distantly, I heard the woman laugh.

"What the fuck?" I shifted in my seat. I must have been dreaming. "Am I on drugs?" I murmured.

"No, sorry. I tried to stop your headache but it obviously didn't work. I wasn't supposed to reveal this until you were back at the house."

"My headache? What house? What's going on?"

She twisted around in her seat and I screamed for her to turn back but she smiled at me. Her hazel eyes were framed by extremely long eyelashes and the light lilac hair, trimmed across her ears, had a small fringe. She wiggled her fingers at me. "We're fine. In fact, I could get us there quicker without touching the wheel. Want to see?"

I tugged on my hair. She was crazy. No, I was crazy. Maybe Dillan knocked me out before he agreed to let me go to the shops on my own. I nodded; yes, of course he did. He couldn't trust me that much so soon.

"Relax or I'll have to make you sleep. Then you'll wake up with an even bigger headache."

I swallowed dryly. "Who are you?"

"Aurelia, glad to meet you, Anya." I observed her silently. "As you have probably been told, Fletcher doesn't know I'm here so don't tell him please."

"What? You know Fletcher?"

She frowned. "Has he not mentioned me?" She began to mumble under her breath. "That's so rude."

For a second, I stared at her. Then I jumped at the door. Clawing at the handle, the door swung wide open and I had almost maneuvered into a position which would allow me to jump out until the door slammed shut and locked.

"You can't jump out of a *moving* car!"

"Let me go!" I screamed. Kicking at the door, I desperately tried the handle again. "I am not going back! Let me go!"

The car finally decelerated but the speed didn't bother me anymore. Aurelia did. She adjusted herself so she was sat between the two front seats, legs crossed. "Anya, trust me. I am much nicer than Dillan. Let me explain or he will and I know there won't be much talking. It will all be shouting and then you'll try to escape again and I'll have to stop you, again. Just listen to me, okay?"

Her voice was as sweet as honey as she spoke. However, I wasn't entirely convinced by her harmless portrayal as I eyed her. "Explain. Now."

"I'm Aurelia, I'm a twenty three year old witch, I personally know the King family and you are safe. I made you see this car as a taxi so you would voluntarily get in and then I could take you back home without anyone becoming suspicious. Neither Dillan or Fletcher know I'm here bringing you back and ideally I don't want them to, let's leave it at that. Any questions?"