CHAPTER 7: UNDER THE SEA

(A/N: So, today, I forgot my backpack on a bench downtown. It has my charger, 3DSxL, sketchbook, schoolwork, pencil case, coat, and library books in it... Thankfully, I ran back (5 minutes later realizing), and I found it. Holy fuck, you guys. My Anxiety was going HAYWIRE!!!!!!!)

In the palace, all the princesses were in their dressing room, brushing their hair and putting on makeup. But, Meena never wore makeup, EVER.

Jordan swam over to a kelp curtain. "Meena, dear, come on out! You've been in there all morning!" She said to the youngest behind the kelp curtain. Meena swam out, daydreaming while she twirled her hair; humming her song to herself.

"What's with her lately?" Victoria said. "I don't know!" Summer said as they all watched Meena confused about her strange, dreamy, suddenly positive behaviour. Meena sat in front of one of the seven mirrors and brushed her hair out.

Her sisters all floating behind her, in utter amazement at how HAPPY she was! Meena then put the brush down and picked up an orange sea flower. She smelled it and sighed deeply, giggling.

She continued to hum, her eyes closed as she held the flower; swimming towards the entrance. But she bumped into Kenobi who came in to check on them. Meena stopped humming and she looked up at her grandfather, giggling.

"Oh! Haha! Good morning, Grandpa!" She said cheerfully, swimming up above him and putting the flower in Kenobi's hair behind his ear beneath his crown.

Kenobi just laughed confused yet happy to see his granddaughter in a good mood for the first time in a while. He watched Meena swim off down the corridor humming again in a dreamy daze until she turned down the hall, out of sight.

The princesses and king still watched where Meena swam off, in awe. However, Kenobi was very confused. "Oh, she's got it BAD." Sabine said, smirking to herself.

"W-What? What does she got?" Kenobi asked, looking at Sabine. "Oh, isn't it obvious, Grandpa?" Luna said to her grandfather as he looked down at her.

"Meena is in love!" Grace said in a dreamy sigh as she batted her eyelashes giggling. Kenobi's eyes widened as they drifted from Grace to off in the distance. "Meena?" He said, taking out the flower Meena put in his hair.

He looked at it, tilting his head. "In love?!" He said happily, smiling to himself as he looked at the flower, chuckling at the thought of his youngest granddaughter being in love...

• • •

Finn was pacing on a rock, talking to himself. "Okay, so far, so good. I don't think the king knows." He muttered. A petal drifted down and landed on his eyes. Finn spat it out of his mouth and moved it with his claw; then continued to pace.

"But it will not be easy to keep something like this a secret for long!" He said in a somewhat nervous voice. Meena was, meanwhile, laying flat on her stomach on a rocky-ledge above the rock Finn was pacing on.

She had her cheek rested on her hand, using both elbows for support as she picked petals off of a flower with her other hand.

"He loves me..." She said, picking one petal off. "Hmm...he loves me not..." She sighed sadly, picking the next one off. As she picked the last petal off, she held it and looked at it excited. "Oh! He LOVES ME!" She exclaimed excitedly.

She then turned and lay on her back, swaying her aqua tail side-to-side happily. She held up the petal in both hands laughing. "I knew it! Hahaha!" She giggled cheerfully, blushing.

Finn looked up from beneath her ledge and rolled his eyes. He swam upwards and was floating above Meena. "Meena, stop this crazy talk!" He said unamused. But Meena was too lost in her thoughts that she never noticed Finn said anything at all.