CHAPTER 10: POOR UNFORTUNATE SOULS

(A/N: Art belongs to me! No stealing! I know it sucks but whatever. Not going to say it again, but I am including the songs from the movie if it weren't obviously enough. You can't write a Disney fanfic without the songs! Even if it is ALSO a Star Wars fanfic too! This is personally one of my most favourite Disney songs of all time. I have changed some lyrics and made SOME lyrics Star Wars easter eggs. Whoever you are, you'll know what I'm talking about when you see it!)

Grievous and Boba took Meena to a gigantic corpse of a sea serpent. It was the home of Asajj Ventress herself.

Meena was about to swim into the mouth, the entrance, but she paused. She was a bit scared to go in there. The two eels looked back and smiled darkly. "This way!" They both hissed in unison.

Meena gulped and she swam up into the mouth. The two eels then continued to lead her deeper into the lair. Meena swam above the garden of souls.

She looked down and crinkled her nose in disgust as she stared down at the worm-like, sobbing creatures.

One reached up and tried to grab her arm with its mouth. Meena gasped and quickly swam away from it. She neared the end of the garden and she saw kelp curtains.

"Come in!" She heard a voice call. "Come in, my child!" The same female voice called. She moved the kelp curtains and slowly swam in as she noticed it was a lair.

"We mustn't lurk in doorways..." The witch said as she slid out of her chamber. "It's rude. One MIGHT question your upbringing." Ventress said to Meena, then she chuckled. Meena stared at the half-dathomirian half-octopus woman.

She was quite skinny and her skin was white. She had a strange hair style too. The left side on top of her head was shaved while the right had short light grey hair combed over like bangs.

She had no eyebrows but two small lilac purple marks above where brows SHOULD be. She had two lilac purple streaks going down from her bottom lip to her jaw on her chin.

Her lips were dark purple and her eyes were sky blue with long black eyelashes. Her octopus half was black with long tentacles and purple suction cups.

Ventress walked over to her mirror. Meena slowly swam up to her and just watched her. "Now, then..." The witch began, grabbing out a brush. "You're here because you have a thing for this human. This, err, prince fellow." Ventress continued, brushing out her hair.

She then put the brush down and looked over at Meena. "Not that I blame you. He is quite a catch, isn't he?" She said to the girl, chuckling. She then faced the mirror again.

"Well, angel fish, the solution to your problem is simple!" She said, taking out black lipstick. "The only way to get what you want..." She began, pausing as she put on the black lipstick. She then rubbed her lips together.

"Is to become a human yourself!" She finished, putting the lipstick down. Meena gasped at her words. "Can you DO that?" She asked softly, amazed. Ventress smirked to herself as she stared at Meena's reflection in the mirror.

"My dear, sweet child!" Ventress said, turning in her coral-chair to face Meena. "That's what I do!" She exclaimed as she swam over to Meena. "It's what I LIVE for! To help poor unfortunate merfolk! Poor souls with no one else to turn to..." She said, cupping Meena's cheek.

"...Like yourself!" She added, pinching Meena's cheek. She then swam up away from Meena. Meena rubbed her cheek since it stung from the pinching while she watched the witch start to sing.

🎵I admit that in the past I've been a nasty
They weren't kidding when they called me, well, a witch!🎵

She sang as Grievous and Boba swam around her chuckling.