Chapter Nine (Trigger Warning)

**** ED Trigger Warning: Contains graphic information about laxative abuse/bulimia in general***

“Now, what’s something we can do to take your mind of… things?” Marissa asked as they returned to the apartment.

Nothing, Stefani thought to herself. She felt like a lost cause. “Bed?” Stefani questioned.

“I’m not stupid” Marissa replied, not falling for that joke. “How about a board game?”

“Seriously?” Stefani replied, almost laughing. “A board game?”

“Board games are awesome” Marissa insisted; she really was such a dork.

“Fine” Stefani replied. All she wanted to do was puke and puke, and puke again until nothing was left; not even bones, not even hair. She wanted to be as light as a feather, but she knew deep down not even that would be light enough.

“You just watch, Demi sucks at board games” Marissa joked. “It’s hilarious” She added, laughing to herself at all the memories.

Stefani giggled. “She can’t be worse than me”

“Oh, don’t you worry about that. A gold fish could probably do better than her at Monopoly” Marissa laughed.

“How was the gym?” Demi asked enthusiastically as Marissa and Stefani made their way inside.

“Good” Stefani replied quickly, forcing another smile.

“We had fun” Marissa said in a reassuring tone. It was anything but fun in all honesty, Marissa reflected.

“I’m glad” Demi replied with a smile.

“We’re going to play Monopoly. Care to join us?” Marissa asked, nudging Demi jokingly. “Because we all know how great you are at board games” She nagged.

“OKAY!” Demi almost screamed, excitedly. She thought she was good at board games, but she was delusional.

Out of the corner of her eye, Marissa saw Stefani making her way up the stairs. “Stefani, where are you going sweetheart? Everything we need is down here?” She insisted. Stefani kept walking.

“Just getting changed into my onesie.” Stefani yelled, trying to sound convincing.

“Uh, I might do the same” Marissa said to Demi as she sprinted for the staircase. Demi let out a puzzled sigh. Something was up with that girl; she just didn't know what it was.

“Leave the door open” Marissa insisted, catching up to Stefani. Stefani rolled her eyes, she hated being watched like she was on some dodgy reality television show where camera's tracked your every move.

“That’s an invasion of privacy” Stefani mocked. How did such a young girl even know anything about invasion of privacy? She was barely eleven years of age.

“I’m serious” Marissa whispered so Demi wouldn't suspect anything.

Stefani walked into her closet, stripping off her clothes, catapulting them into the wash bin. She opened up the top drawer and grabbed out her hot pink onesie with figures of dancers printed all over it. She caught a glimpse of the porcelain toilet bowl in the bathroom, desperately needing to stain it with puke. Do it, do it; the voices taunted eerily. She looked into the hallway; no sign of Marissa. Maybe she could do this after all, she thought to herself.

Quietly, Stefani tip toed into the bathroom and leaned over the toilet bowl. She stuck her fingers down her throat, pressing her gag reflect lightly to avoid the disgusting sound of gagging. When nothing came out, she pressed a little harder, but this time someone had grabbed her shoulder and pulled her up. “Shit” She whispered to herself.