{6} "The Fairytale"

That night I laid awake, the screams of the grieving parents echoing in my head, bouncing off the walls. It was torture knowing I had failed them, and further more to hear of the young boy, Cameron, passing away in the medical wing. It broke my heart all over again, knowing these children were dependent on me and I failed to save them. Biting the knuckles of my fist, I hold back the bile, my breakfast fighting to come up with images of the little girl's stomach flood my mind. I wish all over again I could and kill that rogue again and again.

My thoughts were broken up hearing the knock on my door, taking a deep breath I smelled Leah and mumbled an okay for her to enter. She did, sliding the door closed behind her as she watched my form. I wasn't in my usual business attire, simply an oversized hoodie, with comfortable cotton shorts. I had pulled my hair up into a messy bun to keep it out of my face. My usually soft pale skin was rubbed red from the many showers I had taken in an attempt to wash away the blood of children I still felt crawling over me.

"Alpha," she starts, walking and sitting next to me on the edge of my bed. The bags under my eyes were clear, as anyone could tell I hadn't gotten rest. "Everyone is waiting in the conference room." Leah, rubbed my back for a few moments before I pull myself off the bed and slip into my tennis shoes.

"Thank you. You are welcome to join us." My words shocked her a bit but she smiled sadly and nodded once. Together we slipped out of my room but as she went to go to the conference room I turned opposite making her pause and look at me questioningly. "I'll be right behind you. Just have to grab someone."

//\\//\\//\\

"They are taking it as well as you'd think they'd be." Reinhardt's voice filled the office, the topic of conversation already making me flinch. The hand holding my own gave me an assuring squeeze as we walked in. "They lost their child."

Immediately all pairs of eyes fell on to myself and Sophie, she looked scared out of her mind but she hid it well standing tall next to me. Confused gazes looked from me to Sophie then back again. Leaning down I told her to go sit down with the rest of the group, consisting of my four pack members, Alpha Reinhardt, his Beta and his third. Not to mention Leah who stood by the window, keeping her distance.

"Why is Sophie here? She's still a child." Reinhardt spoke ignoring Sophie as she bristled from being called a child.

"She is more involved than you know." I answer looking to the girl sitting nervously now. I rubbed my jaw and walked so I stood at the head of the table with Reinhardt by my side. "Alright, Sophie. Tell them what you told me." Arms now crossed over my chest I watched as she shifted in her seat to try and face everyone so they could hear her.

"Yesterday, when Alpha Sandalio returned I had a vision of the rogue's coming for the children." Sophie looked to me, looking for guidance. I nodded once, giving her my support to continue. "Two years ago I also received a vision of Alpha Rick Kohlson being killed." At the mention of her murdered mate Leah stiffened, looking at Sophie with betrayal, but I stepped in to defend the girl.

"Don't Leah. She had no clue that dream, vision, would come true." I placed my hands palm down to the table daring Leah to challenge me. I could feel her wanting to, her wolf seeping out into the air, in response I let my own beast out to play, nostrils flaring. Leah sucked in a sharp breath, as did everyone else but Reinhardt, she struggled meeting my gaze until finally giving up and baring her neck. I held her there for a moment longer before reigning myself in. "As my own pack knows, the Oracle Gracie died around two years ago."

"And her death triggered Sophie's first vision." Reinhardt pieced together, eyes landing on the teen before us. So young for so much responsibility; everyone was thinking it.