{9} "Claim"

"Quickly now, three more laps." I spoke, hands behind my back as I watched Sophie struggle to keep her pace. She was physically fit for most pups her age, but for this pack it was an entire new level. My own sweat cooled my body, a few strands slicked against my temples from the messy bun. We wore essentially the same outfit, spandex shorts and a sports bra; keep it minimal to remove possible distractions or deterrents. I glance down to the stop watch I held in my hand, thumb twitching as she approached until finally she crossed the final lap and I stopped the count. "Good. Now you increased your time—"

"What?! But I—" Her shrill shocked voice cut off after receiving a harsh look from my own narrow eyes.

"As I was saying, despite your time increasing you are progressing. Your form is getting better everyday, you breathe easier every hour, your body is adjusting to the new regimen, and you are bound to get worse before progressing completely." I smile seeing her relief from my words. "Now go shower, I'll meet you in the study after dinner."

"Thank you, Alpha." Sophie bowed her head before jogging out of the gym. She was working hard, and I was proud of her progress thus far. Not to mention she was really grasping her studies far beyond what I was expecting. I grabbed my duffle bag, pulling a washcloth and dabbed at the sweat along my brow, neck, and chest, after I pulled out my water bottle and downed a few drinks whilst walking out.

The door swinging shut behind pushed a gust of a breeze against my skin, a dusting of goosebumps following its wake. As I walked I nodded to my pack mates cordially, not really wanting to engage in true conversations just yet as I needed a shower and had to really buckle down on what was happening within the Rogue and Hunter communities. I rubbed my shoulder absentmindedly as I reached my room door, walking in a cake face to face with a half naked Zander. Blanching I gaped like a fish outta water seeing the drops of water cascade down his firm rippling body covered in tattoos that spoke of his life and his journey.

"Want a picture? I've been thinking of a few poses." His teasing voice broke my reverie as he began to strike said poses. Wrinkling my nose up in mock distaste I smack his chest and walk by.

"As if Mr. Hot Shot. I'm still not even sure I like you." An easy going grin finds its way to my face as we exchange looks before I walk into my own bathroom, still foggy from the previous shower occupant. Zander has insisted that as mates we shared a room, so I gave in as it was one of his only requests. It'd been a week and a half since we had returned to our pack, and during those days he and I had grown closer together. We had yet to consummate the mating bond as we still had had old wounds we were learning to heal with each other's help, but truly I believed we were ready for more after a week. Sure to a human it might be fast, but for wolves we were moving incredibly slow and my body ached for him every night as my mind did horrible things to it with it's imaginative tendencies.

⚠️⚠️ Mature Scene ⚠️⚠️

A few minutes later I exit the bathroom, towel around my body with my wet hair hanging down my back. Zander looked up from where he was adjusting the sucks he had pulled on, stopping to take in the view that had assaulted him. Immediately the thick tension between us sparked to life, our bodies itching to make it official. Growling low in his throat he rose and stalked over to my wet form as I dug into the drawers. He dipped down, one hand pulling the wet hair to the side exposing my neck, causing a shiver to run down my spine.

"You are a little vixen." His accent growing thicker by the second, I heard the movement of him licking his lips which caused a mirror reaction on my own face. Slowly I turned to look over my shoulder where his hot heated breath danced across my skin. Licking eyes with his green orbs I felt my heart jump a beat just as he leaned in closer. Matching his movement, our lips now a breath away lightly brushed over each other in coy movements until finally, I don't know which, made the final move.