{7} "Luna Bellatores"

It truly was a sight, a mass of rogue wolves so large working together for one common goal. The only issue was I didn't understand their goal completely; too many possibilities and reasons for them to target the Mist Valley pack. Draw out the assassins? Weaken one pack at a time whilst simultaneously gaining members that would fall rogue due to their poisonous saliva. But this didn't hinder my team nor I from our own goal, eradicate these wolves before they cause more damage.

The wall of rogues slammed into my group of assassins, I must admit however they did most of the work for us. They clawed and ripped at each other eager to be the ones to kill us. My team moved easily, forming a circle, my own form staying in the center as I waited patiently for the mass of wriggling rogue wolves encircled is completely. Satisfied, I took that as the time to shift, which would be the signal for the Mist Valley pack warriors to go and trap the rogues. Essentially flanking them and forcing them to fight two enemies at once.

⚠️⚠️ Gore/Violent Scene ⚠️⚠️

I saw with my wolf's eyes the mass of warriors spill from the shadows, encircling the army of rogues. This made them frantic, rage pushing them to fight harder. Growling, I finally launched into action. My canines snapping into the hind leg of a male rogue who had been readying himself to launch into Madelyn. Hearing the crunch of bones paired with the flooded warmth of his thin oily blood, I shake vigorously while my front paws tear open the soft flesh of his belly. The contents of his inside spill onto the concrete, I knew the cleanup team wouldn't be very happy.

As if thinking the same thing, Alpha Reinhardt must've given the order to his members still in human form to toss the molotovs. The immediate wall of flames that bursted into the scene meant one thing, we were short on time. Soon the commotion would draw attention from the humans and someone would call for the fire department. Moving quicker, I dispatch of wolves, ignoring the screeching cries of the wolves as they thrash on the ground on fire.

Seconds later I hear the sirens and ambulances, luckily Reinhardt and I had estimated the time of arrival and by the looks of it we'd be right on schedule. We had alerted a human, one who was aware of our existence, to the events of tonight and he already agreed to help cover it up. Apparently there had been rumors of gang turf wars and this would be the final show down. I guess that's how they explained away the rogue killings of humans.

I was tearing through the last few when I heard Madelyn's cry. I stopped mid step, snapping my gaze over to see Tyler and now Austin in his wild form defending Madelyn. The amount of bite wounds alarmed me, snarling I launch into their direction crashing into three rogues who had taken it upon themselves to take out Madelyn and the boys. My wolf was larger, having grown since the first time I shifted and rivaled even the highest ranking alpha's. So it was an uncommon look in the rogue's eyes as they registered what had just slammed into them. Snapping my jaws, I knew my hackles were raised.

"Get her out of here. I'll cover your retreat." My voice filled their heads, and they responded appropriately. Austin back in his human form, scooped her into his arms and Tyler ran ahead taking out the stragglers in their way. I refocused my gaze on the three in front of me, muscles tensing we snapped into motion. I meat a dirty blonde wolf mid air, our teeth snapping at each other while our paws fought for a grasp, the smaller two circles and began to nip at my hind legs. One drew blood and earned a swift kick to the snout, it's pathetic whimpers music to my ears. Continuing to grapple with the blonde wolf, my claws found their target, shredding into its belly while simultaneously locking my jaw down into its shoulder. It's howl drew the two others to attention and both responded by locking their own jaws to my legs.

I knew I was in for a painful recovery but I had no doubt of my survival. Growling in anger my claws dig deeper until finally it's underbelly was spilling more blood than it's body could replace. It's movements growing lethargic as I bit down harder shaking viscously until the snap of its neck and the slack of its muscles have way to its death. This then had me snap to the sides, drawing blood on a rust colored wolf, the other a gray. Both smaller than the one I'd taken down, and I took care of the easily. Dropping the neck of the last rogue I spun around to see the last few were taken out. Shaking out my fur, I felt the claw marks on my body seep blood into my coat of thick fur, I knew they wouldn't heal as my healing energy was already focused on fighting the poison of the rogues saliva.