18

'You're going to die.' Repeats over and over in my head. Both Xav and Ryker shout out profanities and march towards Sophie demanding answers.

"Enough!" I shouted. The two spin to the look at me. Outside I appear to be calm as if I knew this was coming. Truth be told? I'm terrified. "Sophie come here." She runs over to me as does Xavier. Xav is fighting with his wolf wanting to take over.

"I saw you die. Y-you were fi-fight-ting when-n y-ou just dr-dropped!" She begins to cry. "Blood was everywhere..." the last part comes out as a hoarse whisper. Xavier seeing my shock break through breaks his control. He's in front of me in a second, his body shielding mine as if it was happening now.

"You aren't dying. That isn't going to happen. I don't care what the fück happens, you are staying here, we are getting married so you can have pups with me and we can grow old together with grandpups everywhere. We will have a family." His eyes search mine as his hands grip my face gently.

"Xavier, we both know we can't stop what is meant to happen." I blink back tears wanting to appear strong.

"No!" He growls out pulling me closer burying his face in the crook of my neck. "You are not leaving me." My hands go up and run through his hair soothingly. I gulp a couple times to get the lump out of my throat.

"Alpha Silverblood, call all the packs that can spare soldiers. I will put all of us on a conference call 7:30 am tomorrow. Please set that up." I turn to Jake I can tell he was angry and scared. "Please take care of Sophie. See what else you can decipher and report back to me later tonight. Now Harry, just report to your alpha." I try to step back but Xavier picks me up bridal style, and marches us up to our room. Once in he slams the door closed, locks it and brings us to the bed.

He lays me down and crawls in next to me. I avoid his eyes but not being able to help it I look up meeting his scared gaze. His green eyes show everything and it hurts me to see his pain at the thought of losing me.

"Diana, we will stop this." He says quietly but determined.

"Xavier-" my voice cracks and that's when I start to cry. "An oracle is never wrong..."

"We just can make different choices that will lead away from your..." he gulps pulling me closer. "Death."

"We both know that the oracle doesn't prophesise possible outcomes. She prophesies already set in stone events. My guess? Me coming here? Sealed the deal." More tears silently fall.

"No. We will take you away." He says angrily. "I'll protect you. I won't let you die." He presses his forehead against my own with pain evident in both our bodies and mind.

"I have to stay Xav. This is what I'm supposed to do." I bite my lip to keep it from quivering. It is weird, being aware that you will die. I mean, we all eventually die... but knowing that it's soon, that someone knows for a fact how and when? Is terrifying.

"No. You've done enough. I can stay you go home and stay safe." He says face set in angry lines.

"Xavier for all we know me going g home is what kills me. Oracles prophesies set in stone events." My voice breaks as I speak.

"Diana... I love you I can't just let you die." He whispers hoarsely. I open my mouth to try and calm him but what comes out isn't words. It's my sobs breaking through. It's like my throat closed up and I can't breathe, like I'm screaming trying to be seen. My body shakes as I hold onto Xavier sobbing uncontrollably.

"I love you so much Xavier." Tears spill out as we both cling to each other. "But I will finish this mission. I will."

~•~•~

The next morning I leave the office Xavier's arms wrapped tightly around my waist; they were like that all through the meeting. I close my eyes briefly pausing to contact our inside eyes and ears.

'War is near. I need regular updates.' Patrick responds almost immediately.

'Yes Alpha.'

Xavier and I head downstairs where Ryker awaits with all the warriors from this pack, my own, and nearby packs that sent them after our call.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I'd like to thank you all for coming so soon." I look and locate all the Betas from the visiting packs. "I've been informed Betas that your alphas have filled you in on what is to come?" Nods were seen all around. "Good. I'd like you to debrief your warriors." I take a step back and watch as the Betas explain everything. Once it is quiet again I look to my left where Sophie strands stoically in silence. "This is the Oracle. She will now fill you all in on the details." I nod to her and she bows her head blinking away tears as she steps forward.

"The War will arrive in three weeks time. It will take place in the woods of Greenhillan; 3 miles north of here. It will be over in less than six hours." She takes a deep breath looking over at me. She begged me to allow her to tell them of my fate. I denied her it, for if she told them they'd be focused on me where as they need to be focused on taking down our enemy. "The hunters have taken many magical hostages to do experimental training and blackmailing them to complete missions. Because of this The Huntsman," the leader of the Hunters. "Has gained control of what we will call the Darkness." Sophie says unknowingly calling it the correct term. I squeeze my eyes closed knowing I'll have to turn my darkness to light in order to save the children of the moon.

"Warriors, more will come from all over and we will train to the end. We will prepare until we can't anymore. And most of all?" I step forward tilting my head up to look at the rising sun, light so much like the moons, for they work hand in hand. "We will fight until the last one falls if we have to. For, I cannot promise we will win. But I do promise this, we will fight for all we have lost, for all we love, and all we have yet to be found."

~•~•~

I'm so sorry for my crappy updates but I promise I'll get back into the grove of things soon. But thanks so much for reading my story. I hope you enjoy it!